• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What lenses are similar to photochromic?

ShadedChimera

Oakley Beginner
I am not sure how to word the title.

I like how when I wear my photochromic Oakleys during the daytime, it doesn't seem like there is a dark veil over my eyes. In fact, while I have a pair of Oakley Thinlink with matte black frame and black iridium polarized lens, they actually feel less comfortable to wear because of the iridium lenses. I like how it seems the photochromic lenses "take off the edge" in daylight for lack of a better term. It's like wearing regular clear glasses without having to squint.

What are other lenses that can give a similar experience?

Daily prizm polarized do something like that, but nothing else is quite like photochromic..

There’s nothing like photochromic. The transmission rate of a clear black iridium photochromic lens is 23% when it’s at its darkest and 69% when in the clear so you might want to find an Oakley transmission chart online and find lenses that have a transmission rate 17-23% .Such as OO Red iridium polarized , slate iridium or VR28 iridium . These are lenses that will help to protect against sunlight when its bright but also give you clarity when it gets a little darker outside .

As far as the Thinlink black iridium polarized lens tint that you’re having issues with . It is the darkest lens tint that Oakley makes. It only lets in 9% of light so that is very dark lens and it sound like what you’re looking for is lighter lens tint . Which is why you’re feeling some discomfort when you wear them . I would recommend that you speak with an Oakley rep in store or contact their customer service department and they can go over what other lenses tint that would be best for you.

Latest Posts

Back