1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. catbells69

catbells69 Oakley Beginner

I bought a used M Frame and one of the lenses is as the photo. Is it an old version of the Strike? It looks half way between the current Sweep and current Strike.

What M Frame Lens Is This In My Collection? - 120920_172255_zpsf14af32e.jpg

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. dr.chop

dr.chop Oakley Expert

not quite strike unless it's just the angle. Is there a date code lasered above the nose?

3. flippj

flippj Oakley Beginner

not a strike, the vertical sides of the lense dont seem long enough, not a re release razor blade lense either as the top edge has the dip in the centre, is it genuine?

4. dr.chop

dr.chop Oakley Expert

that's why I asked about the date code. Most if not all M Frame lenses I remember had a date just at the top where the nosepiece fits...

5. catbells69

catbells69 Oakley Beginner

No date code or etching, then again, I've other Oakley lenses without dates and G30 Radar Path without etching.

The lens was unclipped out of its frame (M Frame) when I bought it used. It has blue iridium chroma but a grey base lens, ie. old style blue iridium, pre-dating the Ice or VR28 Blue.

6. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

How long have you had it?

I do see variation between lenses, but nothing big enough where that would pass for Strike.

The nose cut looks too wide as well.

Here's a current Strike and Hybrid. I've seen pics where the Hybrid looks a lot like the Strike but thinner toward the outside edges.
    What M Frame Lens Is This In My Collection? - 2012-09-20172730_zps39bff7ca.jpg

7. dr.chop

dr.chop Oakley Expert

I don't believe they do it on Radar lenses...Only the M Frame is what I have seen the etching on in the past. Sometimes in top where the frame will cover it also.

8. Rustpot

I have a few without etching besides the Oakley logo.

9. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

hidden at the top of the nosebridge under the nosepiece- Mframe and Zeros

10. Rustpot

I have M Frame lenses with codes under the nose piece, under the frame, both, and neither.