• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Makes A Collection Elite?

Dallas O Hog

O.C.D. Oakley Collecting Disorder haha
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Dallas
Not all Oakley's are the same in our eyes as we are collector's. I am just curious, based on my collection or that that is still out there, what makes a collection top tiered? I don't just want to have a hundred pairs, I want quality. No I want have anything like Carguy, Gecko, Oakleyboss84, FGG or countless others but I want mine to be on a pro level and not college ;) What do I need to get there?

theres many ways. some people have class stuff with vintage Mframes and Vintage blades/ eyeshades etc.

then you can go big $$ and have FMJ, C-Six etc..

then there are those who have rare frogs etc.

I went with Xmetals, plus plus. Aim for the classics or iconics - OTT, Eyeshade, Medusa... you know.

Then there is Dann and Anton and FGG etc......their collections are like a museum.

whtever it is, 2 things to keep in mind -

1. no point if you dont like it yourself
2. Quality first, yes, but there is always the need for quantity in a collection. By definition, a collection is mutiple items in a set of sorts.

You can look at this question 3 or more different ways.

What makes a collection Elite? You can buy ALL the Elite items Oakley has ever made and there you are, all done....Elite.

OR

What makes a collection Elite? You can buy what you feel is precious to YOU that Oakley has made and make the collection truly Elite as that will be what makes YOU happy.

OR

What makes a collection Elite? You can buy EVERYTHING that everyone else thinks is what makes an Elite collection and possibly not be happy with everything you have purchased because maybe you don't like everything you've got. What fun is that?

In my opinion, buy what makes you happy. If you can afford to spend ridiculous amounts of money and have the space to store it then just buy everything you want and even stuff you don't want.

Everyone has their limits so we do with what we can.....right? We work hard to get what we want so we should be able to enjoy it. Make YOURSELF happy with your purchases. That is what truly matters.

I want it to have some value and rarity. I can't buy all elite items. I'm too poor and want to stay married lol. But I also want it to be a collection of hard to find items and not a bunch of crap Oakley made

I want it to have some value and rarity. I can't buy all elite items. I'm too poor and want to stay married lol. But I also want it to be a collection of hard to find items and not a bunch of crap Oakley made
Aaaaah.....I see the problem now.......sell the wife. :p

Latest Posts

Back