• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What makes Oakley eyewear so good?

Oakley-Gas-Station.jpg

Is that in some sort of blackmarket land?

Did you get The Kid to do that for you? A Kronin 'shop that doesn't look all crappy? Maybe The Other Kid? ;)

There's a website with a generator, for that sign and others. You just input your text and it does the rest. I originally posted this one along with some others in the Lounge a couple of months ago...

#1 they are the only glasses that have perfect lenses without distortion.
#2 the lenses are extremely strong and may at some point save your eyes rather than shattering and making you blind.

There are about 800 other things but in my opinion those are the 2 most important reasons to buy Oakley (unless you like fatigue, headaches, missing fly balls, being blind, etc).

Not to be a Devil's Advocate (because I'm clearly an Oakley fan), but what about Costa, Maui Jim, Ray Ban? Don't these other reputable brands produce a good product with the aforementioned attributes as well?

(by the way, I just learned personally that Ray Ban is owned by Luxxotica as well). Anyway, back to my question. Thanks!

David

Not to be a Devil's Advocate (because I'm clearly an Oakley fan), but what about Costa, Maui Jim, Ray Ban? Don't these other reputable brands produce a good product with the aforementioned attributes as well?

(by the way, I just learned personally that Ray Ban is owned by Luxxotica as well). Anyway, back to my question. Thanks!

David

They make fine product as well, but nothing else can stand up to the same optical and impact testing as Oakley. There are also major consistency issues. We've done tests on lots of glasses and you can get a set that are great and have little to no distortion and another of the same exact pair that have lots.

They make fine product as well, but nothing else can stand up to the same optical and impact testing as Oakley. There are also major consistency issues. We've done tests on lots of glasses and you can get a set that are great and have little to no distortion and another of the same exact pair that have lots.

Ahh so there are quality control issues across other brands. I'm an Oakley fan just on the style alone. I know style doesn't mean much when it comes to optics and the technical aspects but it's a winner for me in that regard.

Also, I'm really just an enthusiast of the Oakley X-metal line exclusively. I'm not a fan so much of the O-matter models, but the original X-metal line frames are truly unique and VERY cool. If there was a line that was truly unparalleled by other brands, it would be the X-metals in my opinion.

Back