• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Model Are These And Can I Sort Them Please.

bluenose

Oakley Enthusiast
Scotland
Hi all this is my first post just joined,looking for help in sorting these old glasses. I got them about 11 years ago, they were fine till last year then the lenses went all like a spiders web. I would like to get new lenses mainly because I have had them so long. I think they were 5s but not sure what info I would need to get the correct lense or if they are even still available. Any help,would be great. Cheers image_zpsc5370d1e.jpg

What Rustpot said, they are Gen1 Fives. They have dimples on the in- and outside of the arms.

Most people will tell you to generally avoid the aftermarket replacement lenses. They're good for getting a certain color combination for display or seldom used pairs, but for a main pair you'd want to stick with Oakley lenses.

You might also consider getting a 2.0 frame. The original Fives have the pre-'99 O Matter frames that are a lot more brittle and generally don't last as long. The Fives 2.0 was updated just a bit and is mostly the same, there is a little flare to the outside corners of the orbitals but the fit should be very similar and most of the styling cues are still there. The 2.0 are also a lot more readily available.

I would suggest setting up a saved search for "Oakley Fives" and waiting until something good pops up. We also have people on the forum that can take an Oakley lens from a larger pair and cut it down to fit your frame. A lightly used lens + cutting fee might be cheaper than finding a vintage lens in good condition.

The cutting route seems like a plan I'd just like to get them running again,can't even say I really love the glasses just for old time sake really.

Back