1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

Tags:
  1. jrd5497

jrd5497 Oakley Enthusiast

I was hoping you all could help me identify this Frogskins here? Is there anything special about them or are they just your everyday Frogs? Sorry I have pretty much 0 knowledge about Frogskins.

What Model Frogskins Are These? - 1013526_10151711577023331_544732532_n.jpg

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. jrd5497

A second picture
    What Model Frogskins Are These? - 1013043_10151711576768331_1497603146_n.jpg

Joey Streegan likes this.
  3. Oakle y

Oakle y Something Something Darkside Premium Member Lifetime Member

As best I can tell they are gen one royal blue with orange iridium lenses. Nice piece what the story with them?

4. jrd5497

A guy I ride with, has a co-worker who is trying to sell these. He knew I had a bunch of different Oakleys and thought I might be interested in buying these. I like the colors so I'm kind of tempted to get them. I was just trying to figure out what they were, and if they are more collectable or if they are an every day "normal, run of the mill" type pair

5. Oakle y

Oakle y Something Something Darkside Premium Member Lifetime Member

They are old 1985 - 1990 if they have the matching box and all the other accompaniments that came with them they would be worth in my opinion about $120 as they don't appear to be in brand new condition. Just the glasses alone are cool I don't know what he is asking for them but I wouldn't go more than say $50 - $75.

This is just my opinion and the prices are subjective. I am not a gen 1 frogskin expert so hopefully someone wiser than I can chime in and speak towards value.

6. jrd5497

The guy I ride with thinks he wants $60 or $75 for them. I'm just waiting to hear back for sure. I do know that he doesn't have a box or bag to go along with them. I appreciate all the help you have provided. I had no clue about these. This is another great reason I love this forum.

Any Gen 1 experts out there with an opinion of these?

7. OOO

OOO Be True

One of the rarer color ways from gen one. I think a steal for $75 despite the lens scratches. I'll buy them if you're hesitant.

8. Joey Streegan

Joey Streegan Oakley Beginner

damn, those are nice!

9. Frogskins

Frogskins Oakley Expert

Definitely buy them.

Royal Blue is a hard color to find and I'd say they're worth at least $100 ...

10. jrd5497

Thank you guys. I just bought them for $50. He is going to ship them tomorrow (I didn't realize he was out of town). This will be my first pair of Frogskins. If I'm not a fan of them, look for them on here for sale or trade.