1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. theafroman

theafroman Oakley Beginner

Hi everyone, I saw this Oakley on craigslist and i am wondering if it might be some old model. But I would like to know if this is real or fake? Thanks. What model is this and is it real or fake? - 00505_fntJ609aEGK_600x450.jpg

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. RetinaBurn

RetinaBurn Oakley Enthusiast

FAKE and not a very good one at that! It suppose to be a Juliet.

3. Looks like a poor attempt at a fake Juliet to me. What is it being called in the listing?

Edit: I'm far from an expert on Oakley early gen wire frames so if it turns out to be something along those lines I apologize but it just looks cheap and poorly constructed to me.

4. theafroman

If it was fake, then that would be surprising that it says USA.
    What model is this and is it real or fake? - 00A0A_gZGf3Zu1Ry_600x450.jpg

5. BHarry

BHarry The Eclectic Collector

That is one of the more interesting takes on a fake Juliet I've seen. You can put USA on anything, but it doesn't look like that on a real pair. Definitely not real!

6. Now that I see that pic its a fake for sure. That isn't unobtainium and that isn't how Oakley stamps their earsocks.

7. Mdgustaf

Mdgustaf Oakley Expert Premium Member

Why would that be surprising? If it is fake (and it most certainly is), USA isn't that hard to stamp on to some rubber.

8. theafroman

Thanks everyone it i just compared with the Juliet and it looks allot different.

9. Mdgustaf

Mdgustaf Oakley Expert Premium Member

Though it does almost look like one of oakley giclee sketch's!

10. TheWannaBe

TheWannaBe The O-Warrior Premium Member

Taking this a different direction. While the styling is similar to a juliet I didn't see any oakley logo's . And it's different enought it doesn't look like a straight copy. No orbitals, flat ear stems, eye shape is off. Most fakes have all those characteristics, even if they are very poor quality. Are you sure they are selling these as authentic oakleys and didn't just put "oakley" in the text somewhere? I do that a lot on CL. I'll type a bunch of buzz words to attract a wider range of searches.
    I don't know if this is fake because I can't see a logo to know if they are truly trying to pass this off as authentic oakley.
    That said, this pair didn't come out of an Oakley factory. So it doesn't belong to the real brand.