• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Monster Dogs Are Considered Rare?

@ work right now . . . have to earn some money, for the next purchases :laugh:

sorry for the bad pics . . .

MOH MD's
mdetching.jpg

Montoya MD's
mdetchingii.jpg

Scelzi MD's
mdetchingi.jpg

sorry for the bad pics . . .

MOH MD's
mdetching.jpg

I've seen these come up once on my CL listings a long time ago. I didn't bite because i'm not a MOH fan, but in hindsight, i should have for collectibility.

From what i understand, these were given away at E3 2010. They were having a MOH match and each player on the winning team received this pair as the 1st place prize. Nothing special about the frame. Just the etching on the lens. Not sure how many of these were made or given away.

Apart from some pieces mentioned in this thread, included in my collection are the following that i would consider rare;
dark grey - titanium spain 03 oakley conference issue 370 made.
dark grey -VR70 unissued lens, never seen the lens on any other model, i only know of my own pair.
metallic black - black violet gradient, handful only made, i needed example of the lens which otherwise is basically on female frames.
metallic black - ruby on bronze, unissued lens, very few exist, i only know the lens on the monster dog, also on brown fade pair.
brown fade - gold 12-685, withdrawn due to problems with gold effect coming off frame.
black fade - 12-026 i have seen mentioned but i have no evidence this exists...can anyone confirm?

I love the lens for the MOH and Montoya and Scelzi Dogs...I'd never buy them just because the frames are plain. But Killer lens. And as far as rare dogs go most of these guys have hit the nail on the head. Frogskinstein named 2 of the most rare in my opinion, the dark grey-titanium and the dark grey -vr70. and the ones that Doc named off are also pretty rare IMO. I have 4 pairs of the tribals, 2 pair of the night camo, and 1 of the snow camo. The rest of mine are not all that rare. Although I did have a pair of RatRod Monster Dogs at one point. I ended up selling them mainly because I could never get confirmation on whether they were done by oakley. And I agree with the piper, great frames, shame to see em disco em!!

Back