• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What other brands/designers do you also wear?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see how this trolling and nor did I have any intentions of it being so. I can't I believe how fanboyish you guys are being.

I wouldn't take too much offence to all this. It is an Oakley-dedicated forum after all, so there is a good degree of closed-mindedness to competitor products. TBH, and with due respect to all, there isn't a great deal of knowledge about other eyewear brands here and Oakley is the best in everything. That 's just the nature of dedicated forums.

@LoneRonin, again the problem is you only got what? 2 responses? and you already resorted to responses to be honest, quite offensive... if you waited for more responses and maybe tried to search the thread @OakleyGuru379, maybe you will have a better idea on what the community stand on other brands. It just surprises me that you didn't expect that initial and most responses will be only Oakley or preferred Oakley than other brands.

To answer the question, I myself only wear Oakley, though before I have Carrera and Cebe when I still can't afford Oakleys. Won't mind having a pair of Ray Ban aviators too, it is a classic after all (that if I will have extra money to afford it).

Will I wear anything else? NO.
Can I appreciate other products? Sure but they aren't for me....they don't take care of me the way Oakley takes care of me.

I'm the same way because for how much I can get Oakley stuff it doesn't make sense to pay a premium for everything else and its my go to brand. I still love a whole bunch of other stuff that Oakley just doesn't offer...what can I say?

I don't even want to being to talk about how angry I was after Luxottica killed off the watches. Lets see what they'll offer with 'wearable electronics'

I'm the same way because for how much I can get Oakley stuff it doesn't make sense to pay a premium for everything else and its my go to brand. I still love a whole bunch of other stuff that Oakley just doesn't offer...what can I say?

I don't even want to being to talk about how angry I was after Luxottica killed off the watches. Lets see what they'll offer with 'wearable electronics'
I don't mind them killing off the watches so much right now.....it's gonna save me a fortune. Actually....it already has :)

You guys don't like Ray Ban and YOU ALL SUCK because you are so damn CLOSED MINDED!!! :rofl:

Sorry.... had to do that. :p
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

Didn't i predict this?

Edit: to save time

In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion,[3] often for their own amusement

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

Didn't i predict this?

Edit: to save time

In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion,[3] often for their own amusement
YOU SUCK TOO CAUSE YOU THINK YOU KNOW IT ALL!!!!!!!!!!! :rofl:

lol, Oakley isn't the end all, be all you know. The difference between those brands and wal-mart ones are quality and STYLE. Yea, style which a lot of people seem to lack. Oakley dominates my collection but then there's nothing that can match that vintage 70's race look than a few of my Carrera's. Mau Jim has super light rimless glasses which Oakley doesn't seem to do and they offer great clarity. Ray-Bans have the classic Aviator and Clubmaster, you can't call yourself a sunglasses aficionado without at least appreciating those iconinc designs.

Serengeti is one of the last few manufacturers that still makes glass lenses which as far as clarity and scratch resistance goes is far superior to anything on the market, they're frames and lenses last a lifetime if cared for and are still made in house something which not even Oakley can claim now.Serengeti is owned by Bushnell so you know you're getting legit optics from a company that is tried and tested.

So yea...expand your horizons my friend. Many people would say the same thing about Oakley, there's no difference between the real ones and the $10 chepos

Again I just have to laugh at you...such closed minded thinking. Its like saying yea, I like my Ford GT so I have no aspirations or desire to drive/own a Lambo, Ferrari, R8, McLaren etc...

You must be boring as hell and only have a hobby or two.
It is obvious you and I buy Oakleys for different reasons. You seem to buy sunglasses based on style. Nothing wrong with that, but I do not factor style as my main priority. I buy sunglasses as a functional piece of equipment. I am not a fanboy of Oakley. I wear their shades because they are the best. I have seen how Prada, Ray Ban, Maui Jim's and the rest are made, and they arent any different from how cheap frames are made. I have done my research. Doesnt it strike you as odd that right after Lux bought Oakley (who also owns most of the brands you mentioned) the quality of Oakley lenses and frames went down considerably? If those other companies were in the same category, shouldnt the quality have stayed the same? This isnt Coke vs Pepsi or Chevy versus Ford. Those are subjective things, opinion based. Oakley has put more research and development hours into making better product than any of their competitors, and that is a fact. They are better quality, that is a fact. They look better than Ray Bans, that is an opinion. If i like the taste of Jif over Smuckers, but i decide to keep buying Smuckers, maybe people won't call me boring, but they could call me stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back