• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What pair gets you the most compliments?

Rustpot

M Frame Lover
Clarkston/Romeo MI
I wore a pair to the corner store today and at the checkout the lady in front of me complimented my glasses. I realized on the way home that's not the first time for this pair... in fact it's almost common with this pair considering how often I actually have someone mention my glasses.

I can't recall most pairs getting hardly any attention; Uranium Sliver/Jawbreaker, Chop Splatters, M Frames, Crosshairs, X-Metals, Tens, Twenty, Turbine, Jackets of any variety, etc. Some sweet pairs have come and gone in my collection, but most everything will usually make it out the door ~5 times or so before it moves on to another collector.

So what's the pair that's apparently turning heads and drawing compliments from men and women alike?

Gen 1 Square Wire Collector Edition reissue. Black on black.

I admit that when I wear them I feel like I'm back in 1996, wearing a pair I would have killed to own back then. Similarly with the T-Wire taking me back to 1992 when the E came out.

The Square Wire specifically, though. Simple lines, devoid of the aggressive or out-there attitude of most Oakley pairs. The nice design cue with the hammer stems, offsetting the broad, flat curves that play tricks with the perception of the frame. I even admire the stamped Oakley text in the stems; It seems like when it's tried today with a pair like the Deviation it's showboaty and over branding the pair.

But it's such a sleeper, why does THAT pair get a "hey, I like your glasses" kind of remark?

Maybe there's to much reading into it...
Just maybe that person was being nice and making a compliment...
Who knows?
There have been times like that with me also where I'm thinking "why did you comment on these" especially when I've been around that same person before with other ones and nothing was said.
I got my first PB1 and wore them out one day and was hangin out with a good friend of mine that knows how I am about Oaks. Yea he liked them, until he asked me how much they were. Thought they were stupid then.

I don't have any X-Metals or anything too out there (though do have some special edition Fuel Cell's), but the pair my wife said something about actually liking one day was a 6pm.com $24 Black Friday sale Deviation in Light with Warm Grey. Go figure. I did have a couple ladies compliment me on my Gearbox Black/Tan a few weeks ago.

I was told I looked like a movie star with my SI Flaks with Ice Iridium Polarized lenses haha

The ladies seem to like my Holbrooks too lol

Back