• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Qualifies As "Custom" In Your Opinion?

What qualifies as "Custom" in your opinion?

• Total voters

BADNESS

Resident Troublemaker
Vancouver, BC
I have been meaning to post this thread for a while now.

My own feelings aside (for now), I would like to hear from everyone else who has an opinion on this topic :cool:

Open the flood gates! :laugh:

And please feel free to "VOTE NOW".:cool:

If you buy something and then changed it, no matter how little, you've customised it right? You've taken it and made it how you want it.

I think that "custom" is anything that the individual does to make there glasses unique to there fashion preferences or there personal taste. I do not consider that quick icon change i.e. dispatch/ batwolf a "custom" unless the icons are something not provided for purchase thru oakley

Good poll. To me it is either a Custom order from Oakley directly or any mod to an official pair (i.e. one with a specific model # designated by Oakley).

Depending on how it is used, I would say made to order. IMO custom is different from modded. Custom can be a " one of " piece or built to suit the buyers needs or wants. I believe people get them mixed up.

Personally I like to mod only because you take things to levels the average person won't do, or even try.......

Great thread. I'd have to say eveything on your list barring option ONE I see as customization as that is a standard option from Oakley on those frames to start with. If you paint a car up with graphic's or add vinyls are you customizing it or moding it? To me its customization. If you change the engine for a more powerful one or lower the suspension then that is a mod. So therefore you must be carring out customization with all the other options. If, like some do on the X-metal, you start swapping the noise bridges or arms about or say fit vented lenses to models that would not have them as an option (ie having them cut to fit a Monster Dog or other frames) then that is a mod as you are changing the make up of the frame set up.

Good poll. To me it is either a Custom order from Oakley directly or any mod to an official pair (i.e. one with a specific model # designated by Oakley).

You have firmly bashed the nails head, about as good a brief definition as you could get. All the options in the poll are effectively custom unless the alternative parts used are included with the official product. The Oxford Dictionary states; "customize - make to order or modify according to individual requirements".

I think that "custom" is anything that the individual does to make there glasses unique to there fashion preferences or there personal taste. I do not consider that quick icon change i.e. dispatch/ batwolf a "custom" unless the icons are something not provided for purchase thru oakley

I'd agree with that :cool:

Back