• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Really Grinds Your Gears?

People that tell me I waste my money on Oakley. They say that a 4$ pair of glasses is just as good if not better because you can beat them up and throw them away or lose them or break them, then buy another pair a month later... Seems counter intuitive if you ask me.

I got "They're all the same! My Oakleys vs. his Wal-Marts; same thing you're just paying for the brand name" every time I bought a pair.

Got this a lot from a co-worker when they saw me wearing my Whiskers. "Oooo....big spender!" and so on. Always cracking that I wasted my money when just as good could be had from Wal-Mart for way less and his would hold up better. Finally had it, brought in my beat to **** grey lenses and challenged him to stomp on them hard as he could. He jumped up and down, couldn't get them to break. He took the lenses out of his and handed em to me. Put them under my heel and pressed down lightly. Heard a pop, blue plastic with polarized film on the floor. He was stunned. Also, he now wears either Gascans or Whiskers. :D

Got this a lot from a co-worker when they saw me wearing my Whiskers. "Oooo....big spender!" and so on. Always cracking that I wasted my money when just as good could be had from Wal-Mart for way less and his would hold up better. Finally had it, brought in my beat to **** grey lenses and challenged him to stomp on them hard as he could. He jumped up and down, couldn't get them to break. He took the lenses out of his and handed em to me. Put them under my heel and pressed down lightly. Heard a pop, blue plastic with polarized film on the floor. He was stunned. Also, he now wears either Gascans or Whiskers. :D

Haha got him! Some people don't understand the need for a quality piece until they lose an eye...

You talking about using that Snipe program or try bidding my max offer at the last second manually?

I don't know about the Snipe program your referring to, I snipe auctions manually, I watch the auction until it gets down to the last minute then I enter the max amount I'm willing to pay for that item, then hit the place bid button with 3 seconds left in the auction, and if I'm lucky I win the auction, no need to bid early and drive up the price of the auction, it's cost prohibitive, that's how I buy stuff on the bay :big_boss:

Auction is ending in a few hours and I'd like to know what my final, last second, offer should be. There's somebody with automatic bidding on them, but if I go over his maximum price that he'll undoubtedly bid at the last second, I'll still win... hopefully.

Great condition Penny's, small blemish on one of the lenses (doesn't matter, I'm getting custom ones chopped). I was thinking somewhere around $275.

I don't know about the Snipe program your referring to, I snipe auctions manually, I watch the auction until it gets down to the last minute then I enter the max amount I'm willing to pay for that item, then hit the place bid button with 3 seconds left in the auction, and if I'm lucky I win the auction, no need to bid early and drive up the price of the auction, it's cost prohibitive, that's how I buy stuff on the bay :big_boss:

Well in doing some research on automatic bidding I found there's a program some use called "Snipe" that automatically sends in a higher bid every time they are outbid. It's nice if you're not on the receiving side of it...

Well in doing some research on automatic bidding I found there's a program some use called "Snipe" that automatically sends in a higher bid every time they are outbid. It's nice if you're not on the receiving side of it...

And that's exactly why I place the max amount I'm willing to pay with seconds left before the auction ends, gives you a better chance to win the auction unless another bidder has deep pockets and really wants the item, then it doesn't matter

And that's exactly why I place the max amount I'm willing to pay with seconds left before the auction ends, gives you a better chance to win the auction unless another bidder has deep pockets and really wants the item, then it doesn't matter

Thanks for the tip! We'll see if it works here in a few hours, unless he does indeed have deep pockets.

Back