• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Retention Strap For RadarLocks

chevysales

Oakley Beginner
Called Oakley and was told they only put hole in frame as many ask for it mostly men... crazy as I have searched thru google and Oakley for straps and Oakley has M frame straps online....and the girl told me they can sell me ones for racing jackets for $25 plus shipping.... fat chance on that one. :(

But the story that they put the holes in frame because men users ask for them seems like such a crock.

I don't want ones that slide over the frames like most Croakies do as that defeats purpose of rubber and will effect fit with added material.

So what are other owners using as there are times I would like to take them off and hang them from my neck. Is there a brand or type that will work? I don't care at this point if they snap in holes or not.

Thank you

I walked into my local store and asked about it. They gave me an extra one from a RJ free of charge. Works perfect. It is on my wifes radarlock and the strap fits and does not get in the way.

Does the RJ strap when loosened as much as possible give you enough length to hang around neck?

I hate spending the $25 (but will as long as it has enough slack I am small so hoping the entire thing is like 10"-12" when loosened all the way) for it as I have to get it online they don't have it at store I just called.

I can't find length anywhere but will find it somewhere before ordering as its more for hanging on neck then holding glasses on.

Thank you all for the responses. This forum is very helpful!

$9 if you're in the US. It's the strap for the M Frame 2.0 and 3.0, but it should work on Jackets and Radars with the same strap holes. It might be the same strap sold for $25 through Oakley, I'm not sure.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/330970954122?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

They look as though they have some good length, but it's definitely made to keep the pair strapped to your face, and not just a hang strap.
41ZIozEdwIL._SX300_.jpg

The other option would be to get a short shoelace, stick the aglet through the hole in the stem, and tie a knot.

$9 if you're in the US. It's the strap for the M Frame 2.0 and 3.0, but it should work on Jackets and Radars with the same strap holes. It might be the same strap sold for $25 through Oakley, I'm not sure.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/330970954122?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

They look as though they have some good length, but it's definitely made to keep the pair strapped to your face, and not just a hang strap.
41ZIozEdwIL._SX300_.jpg

The other option would be to get a short shoelace, stick the aglet through the hole in the stem, and tie a knot.
I have those and they are all interchangeable and work great

thank you I will check them out as they look a bit wider than the racing jacket ones.

price is good :)

while the shoelace idea sounds like it would work it's not my style but great idea for small flat black lace.