• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Shades To Take On California Vacation?

qBan said:
i remember the thread about this. what would the airport security say when they see your ott box hhaaha

Well if they don't ask for me to open my backpack on initial X-ray then I should be fine.
All 7 pairs are in hard cases , inside of my backpack which will be locked and carried on with me.

SHYT i wouldnt take those zeros outside anywhere! ahha! theyre NICE.

i would recommend getting a water jacket for beach stuff.. otherwise i use a Half Jacket as my beach and beater. As far as chlorine and salt water, ive NEVER had any issues, as long as you thoroughly wash them off immidiately after. im talking each day, not leaving it till end of the trip. Pull off all earsocks, lenses etc, wash with mild hand soap and warm water. dry thoroughly. works perfect for everything so far for me. Of course i avoid using Plasma frames and FMJ frames totally, but everything else holds up fine.

SHYT i wouldnt take those zeros outside anywhere! ahha! theyre NICE.

i would recommend getting a water jacket for beach stuff.. otherwise i use a Half Jacket as my beach and beater. As far as chlorine and salt water, ive NEVER had any issues, as long as you thoroughly wash them off immidiately after. im talking each day, not leaving it till end of the trip. Pull off all earsocks, lenses etc, wash with mild hand soap and warm water. dry thoroughly. works perfect for everything so far for me. Of course i avoid using Plasma frames and FMJ frames totally, but everything else holds up fine.

Like i said before I am member #17 on the no shelf whore club, i don't buy em if i don't plan on wearing them!! lol
Thanks for the tip though on the chlorine and saltwater, i kinda knew that just from common sense but it always helps to hear it from someone else.

Like i said before I am member #17 on the no shelf whore club, i don't buy em if i don't plan on wearing them!! lol
Thanks for the tip though on the chlorine and saltwater, i kinda knew that just from common sense but it always helps to hear it from someone else.

haha i hear you. but those lenses are not replaceable, so PLEASE be careful. hurts me to see a scratched up vintage zero. I have a 0.4 myself with full box and papers, i wear it too but very infrequently. definitely not beachwear! i made the mistake of going mountain biking wih my first oaks- 0.7s.. god that hurt when i inevitably destroyed them.

but yup no worries on the salt and chlorine. fresh water, mild soap and CLEAN microfibre are your friends, oil, grease, salt, sand and chlorine are the baddies. oh and btw, wash your microfibres regularly- warm water and soap, scrub it good. youll be amazed how dirty brown the water
coming out of them are (found out when i washed the ones i got with second hand purchases.. geez its grotty)

haha i hear you. but those lenses are not replaceable, so PLEASE be careful. hurts me to see a scratched up vintage zero. I have a 0.4 myself with full box and papers, i wear it too but very infrequently. definitely not beachwear! i made the mistake of going mountain biking wih my first oaks- 0.7s.. god that hurt when i inevitably destroyed them.

but yup no worries on the salt and chlorine. fresh water, mild soap and CLEAN microfibre are your friends, oil, grease, salt, sand and chlorine are the baddies. oh and btw, wash your microfibres regularly- warm water and soap, scrub it good. youll be amazed how dirty brown the water
coming out of them are (found out when i washed the ones i got with second hand purchases.. geez its grotty)

None of them are going to the beach or pool except for the beater pair. I am using everything else for everywhere else. Yeah i think i would die if something happened to them considering they were my grail. (thanks to REGGAVEGGA)

Back