1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. michaelpule

michaelpule Oakley Enthusiast

Wife's valentines present came today.
    What The Heck, Is This Normal For A Custom? - y8yme7a8.jpg
    What The Heck, Is This Normal For A Custom? - ubusytu8.jpg

The O's come apart but there is like no adhesive left on them and they fall out of the frames when I try and put them in.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. 702baby

702baby Under The Electric Sky

I'm pretty sure thats NOT normal, better call Oakley dude

3. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

+1. Call EM up and they'll fix you up. They're brand new and that's not good.

4. michaelpule

On the phone now, they want to do a full return. Pretty sure the wife would be disappointed with that. Might just bust out some of my various adhesives or double sided tape or something.

5. OBlazer

OBlazer Oakley Enthusiast

That would be covered under the warranty, it will void the warranty if you use your own adhesive on the O's though... fair warning

6. doowutchyalike

doowutchyalike Oakley Enthusiast

Pretty sure they're not gonna know he used his own adhesive.

7. michaelpule

So the option is they will email me a return label and I can send the unit back and they would get a new set out to me. Going to let the wife decide what she wants to do when she gets home in a little bit. They are hers.

Saddened they couldn't just send a new set of Icons or something with the adhesive covered.

8. nlgrav182

nlgrav182 Oakley Enthusiast

I know how their MRAs work, but that sucks. They should overnight another set to you, even if they have to bill your card, and then you return the original pair with the icons. You shouldn't be out two weeks for a quality escape.

9. michaelpule

I pressed so hard my fingers hurt on the castle icons. They are in there for now, but move easily. At least she'll be able to see them.

10. NiGHTSx2

NiGHTSx2 Oakley Collector

That's just terrible, especially considering that it's OCP and an actual person put those together. Must have been assembled on a Friday or something :tongue: