1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. hereispunishment

hereispunishment Oakley Collector

Ok so today I bought a pair of polished J's with Polarized fire lenses off a guy on craigslist for a GREAT price ($125). Now I cant stand Hammer stems but I love the polished look. Should I frankenstien these bad boys with the earstems of one of my other plasma framed juliets? Let me know. Thanks guys.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. washi me sensie

washi me sensie The Oakley Rōnin

for me no bro! hammerstems are cool!

3. Krank

Krank Oakley Enthusiast

Straight stems are vanilla.

4. Alvin Cris G. Torres

Alvin Cris G. Torres Oakley Beginner

wow very great buy sir hereispunishment, i hope i can find same price herein our country Philippines :unsure:

5. GH4AU

GH4AU Carbon Fanatic Premium Member

That is a great buy! I like the polished with hammerstems. You're lucky to have found a pair that cheap. I would keep them original.

6. Kiwi

Kiwi Oakley Enthusiast

IMO the finishes of plasma and polished are very noticeably different so the glasses would look off. Why don't you like the hammer stems? The hammer steams look identical to the straight stems from the side. The benefit of the hammer stems is that they give you more space (=comfort) in the temple area.

7. washi me sensie

washi me sensie The Oakley Rōnin

+1! :D

8. hereispunishment

hereispunishment Oakley Collector

I have more of a narrow face so the hammers bulge out to where it's looks funny... but I'm kinda warming up to them though.

9. Kiwi

Kiwi Oakley Enthusiast

Try some Size 25 temple shocks for the hammer stems. I agree with you that the hammers look odd but I believe the general consensus is that the hammer stems are popular for their comfort rather than their look. I'm not sure how tight the nose bridge is on your polished vs your other juliets but when the nose bridge is really tight (hard to put on the glasses) the hammer stem comfort is noticeable.