1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Pjam23

Pjam23 Oakley Collector

Hello friends merry Christmas and happy new year, my birthday is close and my wife wants to take me to oakley HQ my question is, what is there to do besides take pictures, and the museum, can any one recommend or suggest anything. Thanks
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. CarGuy

CarGuy Oakley Expert Premium Member Lifetime Member

HQ is interesting for its photo-ops (the tank, bomb out front, ejection chairs, huge Blade Runner fan in the lobby etc) but it is really kind of a let down as the "museum" is of lesser quality and substance than a lot of collections here on the forum.
    Its a better bang for the buck if you bring some items with you that require warranty service, like watches for batteries or crystals or x metals for tune-ups. Tune-ups are often done two-for-one for walk ins and if the frames are stripped you'll gain orbital screws/ washers and fresh rubbers.
    If you're a LEO, service member or fire fighter you can buy SI and other items at a special sales center at half retail but you have to present proof of service (ID card, etc) to gain access to that showroom.
    YMMV and Happy Birthday!
  3. Lexkempo

Lexkempo Frog Fanatic

Damn I wanna bit up HQ some day... Too bad it's 5000 klicks away!
  4. eldiablojoe

eldiablojoe Oakley Beginner

That, and they are closed until Jan 2...