• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What To Do When You Visit Oakley Headquarters?

Pjam23

I should Work at Oakley
San Diego California
Hello friends merry Christmas and happy new year, my birthday is close and my wife wants to take me to oakley HQ my question is, what is there to do besides take pictures, and the museum, can any one recommend or suggest anything. Thanks

HQ is interesting for its photo-ops (the tank, bomb out front, ejection chairs, huge Blade Runner fan in the lobby etc) but it is really kind of a let down as the "museum" is of lesser quality and substance than a lot of collections here on the forum.
Its a better bang for the buck if you bring some items with you that require warranty service, like watches for batteries or crystals or x metals for tune-ups. Tune-ups are often done two-for-one for walk ins and if the frames are stripped you'll gain orbital screws/ washers and fresh rubbers.
If you're a LEO, service member or fire fighter you can buy SI and other items at a special sales center at half retail but you have to present proof of service (ID card, etc) to gain access to that showroom.
YMMV and Happy Birthday!

HQ is interesting for its photo-ops (the tank, bomb out front, ejection chairs, huge Blade Runner fan in the lobby etc) but it is really kind of a let down as the "museum" is of lesser quality and substance than a lot of collections here on the forum.
Its a better bang for the buck if you bring some items with you that require warranty service, like watches for batteries or crystals or x metals for tune-ups. Tune-ups are often done two-for-one for walk ins and if the frames are stripped you'll gain orbital screws/ washers and fresh rubbers.
If you're a LEO, service member or fire fighter you can buy SI and other items at a special sales center at half retail but you have to present proof of service (ID card, etc) to gain access to that showroom.
YMMV and Happy Birthday!
Damn I wanna bit up HQ some day... Too bad it's 5000 klicks away!

Back