• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What to do with a stinky OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone on here was using an ultrasonic cleaner on their xmetals recentlyn

Another idea is to find out what cologne he was wearing and start wearing it yourself. Just to get used to the smell. It cant be that bad?mm:eek::eek::eek:

Someone on here was using an ultrasonic cleaner on their xmetals recentlyn

Another idea is to find out what cologne he was wearing and start wearing it yourself. Just to get used to the smell. It cant be that bad?mm:eek::eek::eek:
I have an ultrasonic cleaner but the OTT is too big and it's really for grime and stuff. I don't think it'll do smells.

After hurricane Sandy hit we had 200 gallons of fuel oil inside the house when the oil tank turned on its side. We spread a dessicant powder meant to absorb vapors around the house. They also sell a similar product for drying out flowers.

I'd put the OTT wrapped in a clean cotton cloth and pour the dessicant around it. Bury it if possible. The cloth will keep the dessicant from coming in contact with the OTT and the dessicant will absorb the odor.

I have gotten smells out before using a bag of rice. Usually works when electronics and such get wet, but I've had it take out smells too. Throw it in a baggie full of rice for a few days and see what happens. I doubt it will hurt it.

Is it a 2nd generation ott? If so, maybe you need to remove the pads... Which would suck, but if the pads stink, I don't think it will ever come out.

If you want a custom, unique job done, try and find someone who who airbrushes motorcycles(and cars), they will have the skills and tools to do just about anything... Or, have it dipped in chrome. The "Lil John OTT".

Is it a 2nd generation ott? If so, maybe you need to remove the pads... Which would suck, but if the pads stink, I don't think it will ever come out.

If you want a custom, unique job done, try and find someone who who airbrushes motorcycles(and cars), they will have the skills and tools to do just about anything... Or, have it dipped in chrome. The "Lil John OTT".
Or he can gold plate it and sell it as a "prototype". Right @Dallas O Hog ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back