• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What To Do With XX

jcesl2

I should Work at Oakley
Virginia
I won an auction a couple weeks ago on Ebay. Listed as Black Iridium/X-metal Juliet. Pictures had hammerstems, so I figured they were XX, won the auction for $230. Seller described them as very loose, and needed new lenses. I thought that would be ok, I have some custom cut BIP lenses coming from Dr Chop.

I opened them up today. Wow. I never saw a pair of X-metals this loose. Like, the ear stems can touch each other. I just got off the phone with Oakley. They said that they do not even have the rivets to tighten up the flex couplers.

So now I have to figure out what to do. I could put the ear stems on some Juliets, but then the rest of the sunglasses are worthless. I can replace the rubber and lenses and put it on a shelf. If I don't touch them, they will look good at least. What do you guys think?

Don't know if this will help. I just sent my pair of XX to Oakley Canada. Rep. that I talked to confirmed that they still do tune ups on X metal XX.

You can give Oakley Canada a call. Hopefully they can help you out.

If they are that floppy the metal tabs on the orbitals might be shot and might not even be repairable through a tune-up.
Sorry, it happened to me.

I just sent a pair of Juliet's in two weeks ago, just got them back yesterday, they still do it you just have to find the right person to help you. If you have a local store that sells Oakley, see if they would be willing to have their rep get you a WR to fix them.

I'm coming home on vacation next month, I could check with a store while I am back. I'll try to call Oakley Canda too. Will they accept a shipment from a US Address?

If it is too floppy to fix, do they still charge you?

If you can't get anywhere w/getting them tuned-up try taking a small black rubber band and cut it to length and wrapping it in between the orbital and the nose bridge, tuck in w/a toothpick and snip off the extra. It's not perfect but it will get them wearable.

That is pretty bad, I picked up a pair of Juliet's that was tight as new on the left orbital but the right was extremely loose so I tried the rubber band fix and the right side is now 90%, definitely wearable.

In HQ they still fix that no problem at all, they won't put nose pads but all other rubber will be replaced and frame will be tightened

Back