• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What was the story behind the 'Super F' Hijinx?

Herbsley

Steadily Retiring
Durham, UK
I picked up the icons recently to use in a custom . . . .

picsart1359034942137.jpg

I know that the icon was originally released on a Polished White and a Polished Black frame as limited editions (Oakleynerd has both) - but what was the story behind the Super F?

Is it related to a company - in a similar way to, for example, Matco Tools getting their own icons for their releases?
Or is it related to a person? An athlete?

Someone out there will know.

And if so, come on, please tell the rest of us!
:smile:

Cheers,
H.

as far as i know, was that "SUPER F" icon for a snowboard event if i remember right . . .

as far as i know, was that "SUPER F" icon for a snowboard event if i remember right . . .

Thanks Nerd.

It's quite amazing that it seems no-one really 100% knows or has a definitive answer at this point.

<speaking as a gravelly voice-over from a movie trailer> . . . . . "Super F . . . . . . the Jinx of Mystery"

hi bro i found some official informations about the F-icon....
the F stands for Freestyle and it was an event in 2009 in Switzerland freestyle

Well done sir.

I posted the question on Oakley's Facebook page too. Here is the response I got . . . .

"The Freestyle Hijinx model was designed and distributed for the 2008 Freestyle.ch event in Zurich. This event brought together FMX, Skateboarding, Snowboarding, and Freeskiing. The Hijinx specifically was produced for Oakley athletes, staff, and VIP guests. I hope this helps. Thanks for your interest in Oakley."

So there you have it.

Case closed!

I have information that part code 24-041 was for Hijinx - Polished Black - Grey, Freestyle CH, but I have seen no evidence it was officially released with a labelled box. The impression is it developed into a custom pair with the icons in question here.

I've never seen a 'Super F' microbag, so I'm not sure they exist.

The lens is Shallow Blue Polarised.
Fantastic when driving in the snow.

Back