1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. hereispunishment

hereispunishment Oakley Collector

Hey Guys,
    Just for entertainment... I'm curious to see what was your first pair of X-Metals were, when you got them, and if you still have them post a pic to see how great you take care of them. OR if youve got some X-Metals that are completely FUBAR... post it! LETS SEE!

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Wicked

Wicked Oakley Expert Premium Member

Bought my 1st pair (Plasma/Ice Iridium Polarized Juliets) in Feb. 2011 while in San Diego and they are still like new :cool-20:
    What Was Your First Pair Of X-Metals? Still Have Them?!? LETS SEE! - IMG_4809_zps625f6076.jpg

pjd1234, gulfstream and supersharp like this.
  3. Installking

Installking Oakley Collector

What Was Your First Pair Of X-Metals? Still Have Them?!? LETS SEE! - use2yqyh.jpg good ol mars had them since 98 or 99 in near perfect condition besides the lenses bubbling in the temple area

gulfstream and supersharp like this.
  4. hereispunishment

Nice!!!

5. hereispunishment

Yeah I hate when that crap happens...How often do you use them?

6. Installking

Installking Oakley Collector

I very rarely wear them now. Must of been from when I was a little less caring and didn't clean after each use....

7. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

First pair was a XX TiO2. They didn't fit me well, so I sold them. I've owned a Juliet, Romeo 2, and had an X Squared, Mars, and Half X on my face to try out.

The Romeo is the first pair I've had that really sold me. All the rest kind of perched on my face and felt unstable. I tried on a pair from another member and knew I'd have one. Got the same pair from the same member a few weeks later in trade.

I consider the Romeo to be the first X Metal to be fully adopted into my collection.

supersharp and Installking like this.
  8. echav23

echav23 Oakley Enthusiast

Juliet (X-Metal/Black Iridium)...they currently have prescription Gold Iridium lenses.

What Was Your First Pair Of X-Metals? Still Have Them?!? LETS SEE! - IMG_0553.jpg

9. knirb

knirb Oakley Beginner

Romeo I back in 2001, got them for $50 from a friend. Wore them for 8 years before I knew what they were, now they sit on a shelf worn maybe 1-2x year.

gulfstream likes this.
  10. Brett28

Brett28 Here's my money, thanks

That's ballin man, I love gold iridium and I too am blind. Oakley made those too huh?