• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Was Your First Pair Of X-Metals? Still Have Them?!? LETS SEE!

full.png

Bought them around 10 years ago, just recently put in new lenses :)
now on the hunt for a second pair for spare.

Purchased these in 2000 (maybe 1999) and just had the lenses replaced. Have been wearing them on a regular basis since I bought them. I really can't believe they have lasted this long!

Serial # XG006769

oakleyxmetal_zpsbcab306e.jpg

I was really late to rhe party. Always wanted a R1 or Juliet when I was in high school but always to expensive for my blood. Dont know what I was thinking. Had I known what I know now i would have bought multiple R1s.

This was my first metal
qe2ysuja.jpg

My first Xmetal pairs were the R1's circa 1999 after getting LASIK done. Had both the XM and Ti frames and I wore them all the time. Then the spider cracks appeared maybe in 2003? Called customer care HQ in 04 to complain about it, when they explained how the R1 had been discontinued due to the lens cracking issues. They were in what amounted to a recall on R1s and were offering R2's in exchange. Like a total DEEK, I bit on the offer. Sent the R1s in and got new R2 pairs, carbon and polished. Still have those but dammit I just kick myself every time I think about it now.
Had to tell that story...I do have my 1st gen Juliets with Ruby lenses still in effect. Bought after being inspired by cyclops in the original X men flick in 2000. They've been to hell and back but with Xman's work they are factory tight. Still have the OEM rubber but did the whole linegear red makeover.

image.jpg

First pair were Juliet's x-metal/bi that I bought while on another deployment in the Balad, Iraq Oakley store in 2009. Proceeded to lose them in some Irish bar in Germany about a year after I got back, swore them off til now once again on deployment. My first pair since then were x-metal/ruby that were BNIB that I found in an O type store in Qatar this year but paid a pretty penny for those. Only worn them twice since I'm trying not to damage the lenses with all the sand over here...

I bought my first pair at lsa anaconda also have them still today polished juliets with fire lenses!

My first pair is the first xmetal juliet picture in the x man customs thread.i ordered it custom polished with fire polarized lenses.after about a week with the polished frame i got bored and sandblasted them for the xmetal colorway,that was 8 years ago.i sold em to dyer audio 3 years ago.....wonder whos got em now.

My first pair is this plasma/ice Juliet I bought in 2002. Lenses were replaced with the polarized ones a few times. Only been tuned by HQ once (01/2015). In daily rotation with a carbon/fire polarized Juliet for the last 13 years. It is still in daily rotation, but now with other 4 Juliets, XX, and an XS. Also, got the receipt that shows I returned an E-wire for it. I guess at the time, a Juliet is very expensive so I got the wire instead. Then corrected my mistake a day later.

image.jpg

God no I don't still have them; I've probably cycled through....I don't know....60+ X-Metals over the years. My first was a Plasma/Ice back in 2006ish when you could get them BNIB on eBay for $200.

Mines were a Penny Titanium w/Ice Iridium, bought them 7-8 years ago from someone on E-Bay. Came with the Metal Vault and a pair of 1st Gen. Ruby lenses and original paperwork and coin.

Unfortunately had to sell them after 1 year, but kept the Vault and the Ruby Lenses because I knew I would buy them again some day, which happens over a year ago, but they weren't as cheaper as they used to be (I mean, they are not cheap, but hell, now they're super expensive :eek:)

In the past 8 months, I bought 2 pairs of Juliets, X-Metal frame w/Black Iridium and Black iridium Polarized, but I'm looking to buy some ruby lenses for them :blush:

Mine are a pair of Juliet's plasma with ice (still have them) i picked up when on holiday in florida back in 08 wish i know more about X Metals when i got these think i would have got a few more pairs at the same time
With you! Only mine are Rx for the visually impaired LOL.

Ice/plasma is a common combo, but arguably one of the nicest. Also I think plasma lasts well (nothing really to wear off).

Originally they were custom with fire iridium lenses though.

Latest Posts

Back