• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Was Your First Pair Of X-Metals? Still Have Them?!? LETS SEE!

My first X-Metals were my Titanium/Gold R1s that I bought in Dec 2000 and as I've already described in another thread, the cracking appeared after a week, so sent them back via the Ostore at Sydney Harbour. Then once I had them, after wearing for less than a couple of weeks, more cracks appeared. So they were sent back again, only this time I wasn't prepared from for a third time unlucky. So when the Ostore offered me chiice of another pair, I decided on plasma and fire Juliets Which I still have. They don't have the original lenses because I dropped them whilst walking through the blue mountains in Sydney. Hence, not such a vivid orange.

DSCF4688.jpg

Last edited:
First x was Ducati Juliets #577 love me and in perfect condition don't wear them that much.

Bought these at Sunglass Hut in 1999. I can't believe these are 26 yrs old! I was extremely hard on them. Used them for everything... Beach volleyball, baseball, driving, etc. I put them away for many years. I joined this forum, and brought them back out. The original lenses have do have minor scratches on them, so I switched to the Ichiro OO BI when wasntme sold off his stock last Jan on this forum.

Then the rejuvenation began. I first sent them to off to @Drchop who took them apart. Then I brought them down to a professional jeweler in downtown LA to polish them back up to original condition.... Having to explain to keep the serial # intact no matter what. Lastly, they we're sent back to Drchop who put them back together and tuned up to perfection.

Serial - JB003201
uploadfromtaptalk1438020897490.jpg

Last edited:
Bought these at Sunglass Hut in 1999. I can't believe these are 26 yrs old! I was extremely hard on them. Used them for everything... Beach volleyball, baseball, driving, etc. I put them away for many years. I joined this forum, and brought them back out. The original lenses have do have minor scratches on them, so I switched to the Ichiro OO BI when wasntme sold off his stock last Jan on this forum.

Then the rejuvenation began. I first sent them to off to @Drchop who took them apart. Then I brought them down to a professional jeweler in downtown LA to polish them back up to original condition.... Having to explain to keep the serial # intact no matter what. Lastly, they we're sent back to Drchop who put them back together and tuned up to perfection.

Serial - JB003201
View attachment 167614

Dude, not 26 years.......16 years....

First pair was a set of polished fire polarized juliets. A friend of mine was the oakley dealer and for high school graduation he said pick out any set I want. Still wear them everday but they have ice lenses in them now. That was 2004. Took them apart awhile ago and gave anodizing them a try. No nose pins in this pic still deciding on the color. Thinking of sticking with this for awhile.

20150721_173225.jpg

First were a pair of XX X Metal bought about 9/10 yrs ago. Non Serial, perfect condition inc box. Discostu on here says they still look newer than new :D

And yes, I still have them, worn a couple of times literally.

image_18.jpg

My first pair is the first xmetal juliet picture in the x man customs thread.i ordered it custom polished with fire polarized lenses.after about a week with the polished frame i got bored and sandblasted them for the xmetal colorway,that was 8 years ago.i sold em to dyer audio 3 years ago.....wonder whos got em now.
Funny, I actually ended up with this pair. I think it will remain with me.

Back