• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Was Your First Pair, Or What Got You Hooked On Oakley

Thread Revival!!!
First pair was half jacket black with ghost text and g40 transition lenses cause I was interested in transition lenses and these I found on ebay were the cheapest at the time. The pair that got me hooked was the Ferrari Canteen. I was AMAZED with the ruby polar lenses and now Im obsessed with limited editions as well as wanting every kind of lens Oakley has ever made.

First pair that I saw that made me want Oakley shades was my friends Flak jackets. My first pair was a carbonfiber print pair of half jackets. Once I had those I got really into the brand. That love has matured and I i can honestly say its a sickness. I love every aspect of the brand :)

First pair was a Seth Morrison Crowbar with Black Iridium. First sunglasses were a custom oil rig with white text and ice (hardly ever wear them anymore, just keep them for posterity). The beginning of my "collecting" was probably a Jupiter Carbon with Ice.

As a young 13 year old lil dude, my Uncle was a cool guy to me. Wealthy, cool cars and cool shades.

He would somehow get boxes full of Oakleys from Oakley back in the early 90s. All different colors of blades and razor blades. He would leave em in cars and laying around all the time in the office. So I started snagging a pair here and there. My first pair was a white pair of Razor blades with fire lenses. This was in 1990. I've never worn anything else. Still have the white razor blades.

As a young 13 year old lil dude, my Uncle was a cool guy to me. Wealthy, cool cars and cool shades.

He would somehow get boxes full of Oakleys from Oakley back in the early 90s. All different colors of blades and razor blades. He would leave em in cars and laying around all the time in the office. So I started snagging a pair here and there. My first pair was a white pair of Razor blades with fire lenses. This was in 1990. I've never worn anything else. Still have the white razor blades.
Sidewalk sales?

One can dream. Being in SoCal, having a few hundred bucks in your pocket, being around 1Icon, seeing table after table of Oakleys for pennies on the dollar....

First pair was a pair of Ducati gascans that I found on the street. They got me interested and it wasn't until my third pair, my Jupiter factory lites that got me hooked.

My first were a pair of M- Frames. Clear frames with Blue lenses, Im guessing about 1996 or 97. Wish I still had them.

It was the Radar XL polished black /light +Red that started all

RadarXLBladesPolishedBlack_LightPositiveRedIridium09-744_zps7d356ff9.jpg

Latest Posts

Back