• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Was Your First Pair, Or What Got You Hooked On Oakley

for me it started in the early eighties with the factory pilot BMX grips then of course the razor blades

Got my first as a birthday gift from my first girlfriend back in 2002 i was 16 years old, it was a minute red frame with fire lenses.... Lost on the beach a year latter... Then ii bought a monster dog ducati in 2005 and from then on it was all crazyness! New girlfriends, got married, womans and oakleys come and go but some only come and dont go. Lol

Now iam up to 40 pairs and no plan on quitting.

Mine was M-Frame hammers. Saw Jose Canseco wearing a pair on a poster at the batting cages one Sunday afternoon and went with a kid in our recon department at the dealership to buy a pair Monday morning. We went to Sunglass Hut at the mall and tried to get a deal on 2 pair and the kid working there said if they get caught discounting Oakleys they would have their franchise yanked. So we ponied up and paid retail each for a pair. Wish I still had them! Sat on them 3 years later at a softball game. Good times! :)

Not my first pair but the ones that got me realy hooked on Oakley's for me is the Gen 1 racing jackets.
The sales rep from Oakley was at my local store when they came out and I ended up buying one of the pairs he came with.
They where jet black with black iridium lenses.

Latest Posts

Back