• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Was Your First Pair, Or What Got You Hooked On Oakley

DSC_0365.jpg M Frame jet black and black iridium Sweep

First pair was a fmj emerald XX but didn't really get hooked until the crystal black/fmj/ice splice. Also remember walking into an Oakley store and seeing an OTT and thinking to myself, " who in the hell would buy those!?!" And now I have them and want more. Style unlike anything else.

For me it was the Blade, with the thermonuclear protection ads that I saw in cycling mags when I was in high school. I don't have my blade lenses but I do have the original fire iridium razor blade lens.

View attachment 92244
For me it was the Holbrook man. I saw my friend wearing it one day in high school (like 2010) and was sold thereafter. He had a pair of Shaun white I believe and I fell in love with the style and brand shortly thereafter.

My first Oakley's were blades from the early 90's (black frame and arms, smoke colored half & full blade lenses). I bought them used from a co-worker who was an avid cyclist. I had them maybe a year then sadly, my Oakley's ended up in the Kenebec River in Maine during a white water rafting trip. I would have loved to see how they ended up after bouncing off all the rocks and being hammered by the water.

It took me many years to get over that loss (mostly the monitary one) to the point where I could purchase Oakleys again.

A few years ago I finally got my next pair or my "born again virgin pair" as I call them. Matte black split jacets.

It was 1991, my first pair was the M frame. I liked them because I saw Greg Lemond wearing them in the Tour de France.

Latest Posts

Back