• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Was Your First Pair, Or What Got You Hooked On Oakley

I bought my first pair of Mumbos in the late 80's. Then of course I lost them. At that time I refused to buy another pair because they cost too damn much....... In 1995 I started buying the gargoyles with interchangable lenses, big mistake and long story..... I purchased a pair of M Frames around 1995, then I got hooked on half jackets. A friend of mine bought a pair of polished juliets with blue iridium lenses.....Didn't like them and gave them to me. Like an idiot I sold them. From then on I started collecting a few pairs until it became a sickness....You know what I mean....
I had xmetal cancer for a while it consumed me. I took a step back, now I only have a bit of Xmetal fever. I enjoy it more now as a hobby. The signs you have the cancer. if your on the web all day searching for them. You ingore famliy and friends to do stuff because you looking for them. You don't have the money for them so you charge your credit card for them. Your super mad when you miss out on a deal because you were doing somthing esle.

I was at Sam's Club, and they always had one little cabinet art the jewelry counter with quality sunglasses. I noticed a pair of Oakleys, andnthey looked light and comfortable. I think that they were $88. So, I bought them and really liked them. At the time I didn't know the model, but they were M Frames. I couldn't get over how clear everything looked, and they were so comfortable, You couldn't feel them on Your head.
Since that day I have always had at least one pair of Oakleys. The last time I was without them was two years ago. My last pair of Moons were unwearable. The next day, I went on BeeZid auction site, and with 25 free bids, I won a pair of Flak Jacket XLJ's with the nice case thar holds extra lemses on my 8th bid. So, I was back into a nice, new pair of Oakleys, and they only cost me $14.95 for shipping. I was back in Oakleyville.

Oakley Plate 24K Platinum. I saw a guy in school wearing green shades with a weird O n the side, and loved the look, so as soon as I got home I booted the PC and the AOL (remember this was back on 2003/2004) and searched for the "O", found Oakley and the new model Plate, I was just about to go buy one, but when I saw the price tag I got depressed. Thankfully that Xmas, "Santa Claus" was a total badass an got me the Plates, I wore those puppies every single day even in cloudy days. Sadly 2 years later I lost them in summer camp, and had to get a set of Straight Jackets with Blue Flames, since the Plates had been discontinued. Anyway, those were the pairs that got me addicted and broke, but I love it, would totally do it again.

Last edited:
I remember my uncle was wearing oakley sunglasses when they weren't popular in Poland ( mid 2000's ) and they were really cool:D, I recently thought that I need to buy one pair and it was Oakley Inmate in which I felt in love after "Book of Eli". Right now I'm looking another model of Oakleys:)

My first Oakleys were M Frame 1.0s in black with the grey sweep lens. My second pair were M Frames as well (2.0 in gold X with hybrid gold iridium lens). Back then, I had no interest in anything but M Frames.

B1B grips......and razor blades,all the cool kids had razor blades ......The geeks and dweebs had rayban.the sluts loved the frogskins.

I knew that there was a reason I just HAD to have the WOODGRAIN FROGSKINS. I had better start wearing my sunglasses at night.

I begged my parents in 7th grade for contact lenses just so I could buy a pair of Oakleys. 1995, bought black eye jackets with regular black iridium lenses. Bought the speckled brown eye jackets within 6 months and it's been a disease ever since. My Dad caught the bug shortly after.

Back