• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Was Your First Pair, Or What Got You Hooked On Oakley

Factory Pilot Eyeshades, I wore those things out. Damn they were ugly, but I loved them. Then on to Blades, Eyejacket and e-wires and haven't stopped since. I also loved the Thermonuclear Protection shirts and stickers (I miss the big giant stickers).

My first pair were Thick A-Wires, Brushed with Black Iridium, which I bought back in the late 1990s. I remember Eddie Irvine used to wear these (and advertise them in official Oakley ads in the press) when he was driving for Ferrari F1 team, and I thought they were such a cool sunglass design. Then I saw them in my local MTB shop and bought them on the spot. I still have these, and they started me off on this long and expensive addiction . . . I mean hobby. :smile:

here's me n one of the 1st oakley that i bought the romeo 1, the frame is x-metal with a custom cut ruby iridium lenses.

628873ba.jpg

first pair was Metallic blue M-Frames with ice lens. got these my freshman year of high school 9 years ago. got them for baseball. wore the hell out of them and still have them, then 4 years later gascans and all the pairs i have now......best addiction in the world

Revival thread!

Mine was FMJ eye jackets with fire lenses back in 96. Man, I wish I still had those. My dad always wore blades and I got into jackets.

My first pair of oakleys was a grey smoke with Slate iridium flak jacket. Still have them and they are still in pretty good condition only have one nick in the frame from when I dropped them on concrete. But the pair that got me started was a pair of Jupiter camo frogskins. My first pair of frogskins that led me to this forum.

Back