• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Watt Do You Use? Wattts To Much!

lawman0210

Oakley Expert
Here are a few bulbs I have tried. Very subtle difference with shadow and how much the bulb fills the punched out hole. What do you think. Before you say it I know the case and glasses are dirty. Just got the case and haven't had time to clean it yet

1. 50 watt LED 2.5 flood

5gjh.jpg

er3g.jpg

75 watt LED bulb
rr14.jpg

mfrz.jpg

75 watt 3.5 Flood
n50r.jpg

1apu.jpg

100 watt 5000k CFL. Looks worse then it is. Camera caught the glare. It sticks out about 2.5 inches like some do.

58a8.jpg
rn00.jpg

I am using qty 6, 6 watt LEDs in a black double wide. Each bulb has 3 LEDs (2 watts per LED) I have them on a dimmer, a little to much at full throttle.

When you say 50-100 watts, you meant equivalent right? LED cool white spits out the best lighting for the displays in my opinion. I agree CFL does not work for me either.
ymugumy8.jpg

I use a 3x 3watt LED Chinese dirt cheap eBay lights and I am satisfied with it.

Last edited:
Yes. They are I think 7-9 watt led and the cfl is like 23 watt. The lights you use are they the little 2 pronged push in type bulbs?

When you say 50-100 watts, you meant equivalent right? LED cool white spits out the best lighting for the displays in my opinion. I agree CFL does not work for me either.
ymugumy8.jpg

I use a 3x 3watt LED Chinese dirt cheap eBay lights and I am satisfied with it.
That display is amazing!

I like the 50w at the top. I use 4 retrofit 3W LEDs that I got from Oakster in the top of my 3.0.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back