• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Would Be Your Idea Of A Custom Design?

AusOakley

I should Work at Oakley
Sydney, Australia
I was at work earlier tonight and a thought run through my head. Just wanted to know what everyones idea of a cool custom piece would be with certain frames

1. Oil rig
2. Straight Jacket
3. Antix
4. Hijinx
5. Batwolf
6.Fuel Cell

My Choices would be
1.Oil rig-White text frame, ice iridium lens, team blue icons
2.Straight Jacket- Shadow Camo frame, Ruby iridum lens,polished black lugs,red icons
3.Antix-Ghost text,ice iridium lens,chrome icons
4.Hijinx-polished black frame,fire iridum lens,orange icons
5.Batwolf- Granite Frame,ice iridium lens,Team Blue icons/polished black icons
6.Fuel cell-matte black frame, either black iridium or ice iridium and australia icons

This might give you some ideas. I have lots of Custom Fuel Cells, Oil Rigs, Antix and Batwolf:

62b0a6bc.jpg

076edbae.jpg

1d0d9057.jpg

MatteAntix.jpg

13e6f46c.jpg

oilrigclearchrome2.jpg

Case1.jpg

case2.jpg

185c51e2.png

d2cd88d5.png

I had an idea for a custom Holbrook like 6 months bag. All light brown woodgrains, with raised woodgrain 'O' icons and bolts, with tungesten iridium polarized lenses. Like the Holbrook version of the Koston Frogs.

And What does Oakley go and do? Put that **** on Jupiter Squared. ****in weak.

@wrist - LOL

@BAPD - That's some killer custom lens/icon matching, my friend. Especially digging the clear frames with Chrome, and the violet/violet matching on the Batwolf. (And I'm glad you didn't post up the WhoIsThisKid Hijinx with the green lens - cos the stock lens looks better IMHO. :smile: )

@ausoakley - To be honest, I'm all about the lens matching the 'O' icon. I don't think you can go wrong with that. Although Oakley themselves get it wrong sometimes. Please see in the Hijinx range, for example -
Crystal Black with Black Iridium needs a grey lens
Brown Smoke needs Warm Grey
And the Propaganda edition was crying out for Ice Iridium.

But then, that's what Custom is all about.

@bapd77 I love the batwolfs. Did you make your custom pieces in an o store or on the website? Where did you get the chrome iridium
for the fuel cell? I'm not a fan of the clear frames but the combinations look sick!!

@herbsley after seeing the lens match the icon in real life, I would have to say I agree. Can't wait to go back to the o store after
Christmas and pick up some more goodies lol

clear fuel cell was a n3l optics exclusive i believe...

@bapd77 I love the batwolfs. Did you make your custom pieces in an o store or on the website? Where did you get the chrome iridium
for the fuel cell? I'm not a fan of the clear frames but the combinations look sick!!

@herbsley after seeing the lens match the icon in real life, I would have to say I agree. Can't wait to go back to the o store after
Christmas and pick up some more goodies lol

True, clear frames are impractical in bright sunlight, due to the icicle effect and letting in light at the sides. Same with crystal and smoke frames, in my view, though to a lesser degree.
But where they come into their own is on days with changeable weather. Or if you are in the mood for sunglasses when it isn't really that sunny.
As an example, the other day it was cloudy here, with the sky just completely bright white. Ideal for a clear/crystal frame and a lighter lens to take the edge off the glare.
So they do gave their uses.

Well my wife is getting an iPad for Christmas so I'm trying to convince her that I should get oakleys to the value of the
iPad. So with $715aud I might be able to score a few custom pairs also got my eye on the max fearlight fuel cell, so well see how things go