• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Would U Do?? Sports Autos

OakleyBoss84

I should Work at Oakley
Cali
What would U guys do if U owned these awesome pieces? These have been in my family for years now and they are not authenticated by any main sports authenticator. I want to get them checked out but really don't want to send them off fear of getting lost or stolen. Here are the pics
a9a9unas.jpg
3y5eguty.jpg
2aby7agy.jpg
4u6u2abe.jpg
je6a4a5y.jpg
tuze8yja.jpg
mabemesy.jpg
tydepu3u.jpg
nape3amy.jpg
a9azamyd.jpg
yzu4u8yb.jpg

I'd definitely get them appraised/authenticated. If for no other reason but insurance purposes.

Who is the bat signed by...it looks like Ruth's signature.

Haha pic purpose took it out I the case don't worry I have it protected

Haha alright, I saw the ball in a cube so I had horrible thoughts.

I am not a sports collector by any stretch, but that bat is a piece of history. You need to get both items appraised. I am sure there are some reputable PSA's relatively close to you.

I know we have talked in the past. I had no idea you had a Ruth signed bat.

This may sound crazy but if you are not going to sell it put it in the Baseball HOF. Serious!!
If you would sell it, take it to a sports auction house. They would make sure it is real and put it up for auction. They take a % but you would get serious bidders.
No place else (Ebay, etc.) would think it is real.
Now the Baseball HOF. Your name would be immortalized forever as the donator of the bat to the hall. There would be a small plaque with your name on it.
Plus they have the cases that are the correct temp/light/moisture control that would save that bat and sig.

Just a thought. There are not many of those around!!

Good luck

I know we have talked in the past. I had no idea you had a Ruth signed bat.

This may sound crazy but if you are not going to sell it put it in the Baseball HOF. Serious!!
If you would sell it, take it to a sports auction house. They would make sure it is real and put it up for auction. They take a % but you would get serious bidders.
No place else (Ebay, etc.) would think it is real.
Now the Baseball HOF. Your name would be immortalized forever as the donator of the bat to the hall. There would be a small plaque with your name on it.
Plus they have the cases that are the correct temp/light/moisture control that would save that bat and sig.

Just a thought. There are not many of those around!!

Good luck
Now that's a thought to think on thanks. Yea I have lots of Auto sports stuff but these are my Holy Grails and treasured family pieces

Latest Posts

Back