1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. OakleyBoss84

OakleyBoss84 Oakley Collector

What would U guys do if U owned these awesome pieces? These have been in my family for years now and they are not authenticated by any main sports authenticator. I want to get them checked out but really don't want to send them off fear of getting lost or stolen. Here are the pics What Would U Do?? Sports Autos - a9a9unas.jpg What Would U Do?? Sports Autos - 3y5eguty.jpg What Would U Do?? Sports Autos - 2aby7agy.jpg What Would U Do?? Sports Autos - 4u6u2abe.jpg What Would U Do?? Sports Autos - je6a4a5y.jpg What Would U Do?? Sports Autos - tuze8yja.jpg What Would U Do?? Sports Autos - mabemesy.jpg What Would U Do?? Sports Autos - tydepu3u.jpg What Would U Do?? Sports Autos - nape3amy.jpg What Would U Do?? Sports Autos - a9azamyd.jpg What Would U Do?? Sports Autos - yzu4u8yb.jpg

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Yeti

Yeti Frostmonkey Staff Member Premium Member

I'd definitely get them appraised/authenticated. If for no other reason but insurance purposes.

Who is the bat signed by...it looks like Ruth's signature.

3. OakleyBoss84

U got the sig correct Babe Ruth

4. Yeti

Jesus man...and you don't have that in a protective case? Something needs to be done to preserver that sig before it degrades even further.

5. OakleyBoss84

Haha pic purpose took it out I the case don't worry I have it protected

6. OakleyBoss84

But I got a Jackie Robison auto ball and the All Star Ball with all the players on the paper

7. Yeti

Haha alright, I saw the ball in a cube so I had horrible thoughts.

I am not a sports collector by any stretch, but that bat is a piece of history. You need to get both items appraised. I am sure there are some reputable PSA's relatively close to you.

8. OakleyBoss84

Yea there might be I just have to make time to travel that's another problem for me

9. Brettc10

Brettc10 Oakley Expert

I know we have talked in the past. I had no idea you had a Ruth signed bat.

This may sound crazy but if you are not going to sell it put it in the Baseball HOF. Serious!!
    If you would sell it, take it to a sports auction house. They would make sure it is real and put it up for auction. They take a % but you would get serious bidders.
    No place else (Ebay, etc.) would think it is real.
    Now the Baseball HOF. Your name would be immortalized forever as the donator of the bat to the hall. There would be a small plaque with your name on it.
    Plus they have the cases that are the correct temp/light/moisture control that would save that bat and sig.

Just a thought. There are not many of those around!!

Good luck

Yeti likes this.
  10. OakleyBoss84

Now that's a thought to think on thanks. Yea I have lots of Auto sports stuff but these are my Holy Grails and treasured family pieces