1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. i am rich

i am rich The Silly Collector!

Mother nature unleashes her wrath in your state. Whether it is a hurricane, tornado, earthquake, zombie apocalypse etc. What would you do with your Oakleys?

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Ecko

Ecko Team RamRod Staff Member Premium Member

I have huge rubber maid bins to load up everything. All the original boxes for each pair is kept in there and arranged neatly. I would start with the more rare pieces and continue till I was out of time. Duct tape the lids as best as I can for wind and water as it would be a hurricane and hope for the best. Probably write my address on the side as well.

i am rich likes this.
  3. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

Grab a few pairs. The firearms take precedence. Them ammo cans are heavy.

4. kronin323

kronin323 Font of Useless Knowledge Premium Member

That's a good argument for keeping your collection to a size that can fit in a KS or something...

5. the_owl

the_owl Oakley Expert

hunker down..

6. RoTors

RoTors Oakley Expert Premium Member

Bingo, shooting glasses would come along but priority other than food/shelter would be firearms and cutting tools.

Pierre Naude likes this.
  7. pjd1234

pjd1234 X METAL NERD

who cares about oakleys when the world is ending lol.

8. kronin323

kronin323 Font of Useless Knowledge Premium Member

Aside from protecting your vision, after the apocalypse they'll become the new currency!!! Hoard now!!! :D

i am rich, ptownphil and pjd1234 like this.
  9. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

Book of Eli action - gonna need dem Oaks when the sun is beatin in. Even if you're blind.

i am rich, ptownphil and kronin323 like this.
  10. sharjt

sharjt Oakley Enthusiast

Well, i lost my house to a tornado in 2011. Luckily my collection was rather small at that time. the back of the house and roof was gone but everthing was still inside but soaking wet and covered in water, insulation, and mud . My oakleys were fine but i lost all my boxes which were in a drawer that was full of water. Needless to say My house got completely rebuilt and all my belogings replaced but boxes are not a replaceable item. I did get several new pairs though.

Ever since then when a tornado threatens and I'm at work my awesome wife (a stay-at-home mom) secures the Kids, the 2 back-up hard drives, and bags up my Oakleys; in that order. I have a picture somewhere of the last time (before I had a case) where they are all in their individual bags piled on the bed. I'll post it when I get home.

i am rich and ptownphil like this.