• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What would you do thread

Mother nature unleashes her wrath. WWYD?

• I am not leaving without my Oakleys! (All)

• I am taking my grails with me. (Some)

• Sorry Oakleys, I am gone. (None)

Results are only viewable after voting.
I have huge rubber maid bins to load up everything. All the original boxes for each pair is kept in there and arranged neatly. I would start with the more rare pieces and continue till I was out of time. Duct tape the lids as best as I can for wind and water as it would be a hurricane and hope for the best. Probably write my address on the side as well.

Well, i lost my house to a tornado in 2011. Luckily my collection was rather small at that time. the back of the house and roof was gone but everthing was still inside but soaking wet and covered in water, insulation, and mud . My oakleys were fine but i lost all my boxes which were in a drawer that was full of water. Needless to say My house got completely rebuilt and all my belogings replaced but boxes are not a replaceable item. I did get several new pairs though.

Ever since then when a tornado threatens and I'm at work my awesome wife (a stay-at-home mom) secures the Kids, the 2 back-up hard drives, and bags up my Oakleys; in that order. I have a picture somewhere of the last time (before I had a case) where they are all in their individual bags piled on the bed. I'll post it when I get home.

Back