• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Would You Do....?

freakface

Oakley Expert
HOUSE, ASIA
i want the opinion of the forum in a case my friend has.....

he bought an expensive juliet grail from a seller on ebay wherein the item was described as totally mint (tight frame, clean rubbers, scratch-free lenses, complete package with box). item cost a little less than $1,000. after one month, nothing came so he filed a case with paypal. after winning the case and refunded by paypal (yes, that long...), he got a notice from the post office and got his item. upon checking the item, one lens had at least three deep scratches. of course he was not please....
now he is asking my opinion on what he should do. i personally hate sellers that do not describe properly, most likely with intent to fool buyers, but he did get his item.
what do you think he should do? i told him to pay back the seller since he did get his item, but he is pointing out that they were not as described (since this friend only purchases mint vintage items complete with box, sorta like RVF).
your opinions on doing the right thing please....

If he isn't happy with the item and does not want to modify it ....can he contact the seller and see make him aware that the item just showed up and now he doesn't want it anymore?

If it was me and it was like that I would just send it back. I already got my money back so why keep it?

If he isn't happy with the item and does not want to modify it ....can he contact the seller and see make him aware that the item just showed up and now he doesn't want it anymore?

If it was me and it was like that I would just send it back. I already got my money back so why keep it?
it took him years to look for it and he is really thinking about keeping it and partially paying the seller a "fair" amount. although "fair" is relative.....

Think how screwed over the seller must feel. He has no sunglasses or money. Your "friend" deserves a court date for theft or fraud if he keeps both the glasses and the dough, IMO.

Think how screwed over the seller must feel. He has no sunglasses or money. Your "friend" deserves a court date for theft or fraud if he keeps both the glasses and the dough, IMO.
i know, i told him that, but what amount should he pay if he still wants to keep the item? again, he has been looking for this item for a long time. he is willing to pay again, but what is considered fair?

i know, i told him that, but what amount should he pay if he still wants to keep the item? again, he has been looking for this item for a long time. he is willing to pay again, but what is considered fair?

What constitutes as "fair" would be up to your friend and the seller to come to an understanding and agreement.

If I were the seller I'd offer a full refund if the item wasn't in satisfactory condition, otherwise, I expect the full agreed price.

Price negotiations after the fact are a no go for me... Especially if its a rare juliet.

If I were the seller I'd offer a full refund if the item wasn't in satisfactory condition, otherwise, I expect the full agreed price.

Price negotiations after the fact are a no go for me... Especially if its a rare juliet.
agreed on this. as a buyer though, my gears are really ground by sellers who intentionally does not properly describe the condition of the oaks. i still think he should just communicate with the seller for an agreed price, especially since he really has a tough time letting go of the item....

thanks folks. will tell my friend. other opinions are still welcome though...

If he wants to send them back he should do so, but if he wants to keep them, then he should tell the seller the situation, then try to negotiate a new price because of the flaws. If the seller isn't willing to deal, send them back. He should be honest. If your friend can still sleep well at night keeping both, more power to him, because I sure as hell couldn't

Latest Posts

Back