1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. SNAFU

SNAFU Oakley Collector

Ok so as some may have seen I picked these up recently

What would you do??? - DSC5512_copy.jpg

The lenses are pretty well shot they are wearable but they are scratched up enough to annoy me, the rubbers particularly the ear socks need replacing and it will need a tune up eventually but it isn't too bad at the moment.

With all that being said I want to do something with these I already have a complete Gen II Plasma/Emerald on the way so want to do something different with this one. The frame isn't in too bad a shape and given I have the box etc I would probably like to keep it as a plasma finish (which rules this frame out for another project I have in mind)

Genuine lenses are difficult to find over here in Aus and no one locally customs cuts lenses as far as a know either so bear that in mind.

So if you had a blank plasma frame what would you do with it?????

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Lexkempo

Lexkempo Frog Fanatic

IH clone!

TheWannaBe, SNAFU, thisguy and 2 others like this.
  3. Krank

Krank Oakley Enthusiast

I would be messaging Infinite Hero for some custom cuts. Since you have emerald, I'd be thinking fire, violet, fruby as my top options. Or look for some OEM stuff on your side of the world. Ask Sibolang here on the forum, I think he is in Singapore, he seems to always surface with new OEM stuff on a regular basis.

SNAFU likes this.
  4. Carrera1963

Carrera1963 Lover of Juliet Premium Member

Ice works well in plasma, and was an OEM colourway. I really like my pair with +red too.

SNAFU likes this.
  5. ptownphil

ptownphil Oakley Hoarder Premium Member

Personally, Id send the frame to @dr.chop to do a camo he once did on a XX and then get a 00 red lens cut for it.

SNAFU likes this.
  6. joecool862

joecool862 Keeper of the Skull Premium Member Lifetime Member

They are a blank canvas! What would you like to use them for? To me that would determine the lens I'd put in it. The plasma frame is very versatile, I have more of that frame finish than any other. So much variety in what you can do! I'd browse the forum and pick out things I like, then choose one of those. Let us know what you choose!

SNAFU likes this.
  7. THE X-MAN

THE X-MAN Forum Sponsor Gold Forum Sponsor Premium Member Lifetime Member

Ti02.with VR28 bip lenses

SNAFU and Lexkempo like this.
  8. Lexkempo

Lexkempo Frog Fanatic

Keep em Classic, keep em classy!

Metals will be more and more rare... Make and keep and original colour way for futures sake!

IH clone is very cool!

Ti02 VR28BIP is always winner too!

SNAFU, thisguy and joecool862 like this.
  9. Jontoad

Jontoad Oakley Expert

i also vote for IH clone. that's what i did with my plasma frame.

SNAFU and thisguy like this.
  10. SNAFU

SNAFU Oakley Collector

Thanks for the responses guys......

I was thinking about trying to keep it plasma as I have the box and coin etc and could return it to factory should I ever choose to sell it, The IH clone isn't a bad idea but i'll have to try and find someone to custom cut some violet iridium lenses for me.

If I depart from keeping it Plasma it opens up a lot of choices from Ti02 to a Cerakote version I was considering too but then it won't match the box. it's non serialised though and I don't really plan on selling it so I suppose that doesn't matter a great deal.