• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What would you do???

SNAFU

I should Work at Oakley
Australia
Ok so as some may have seen I picked these up recently

DSC5512_copy.jpg

The lenses are pretty well shot they are wearable but they are scratched up enough to annoy me, the rubbers particularly the ear socks need replacing and it will need a tune up eventually but it isn't too bad at the moment.

With all that being said I want to do something with these I already have a complete Gen II Plasma/Emerald on the way so want to do something different with this one. The frame isn't in too bad a shape and given I have the box etc I would probably like to keep it as a plasma finish (which rules this frame out for another project I have in mind)

Genuine lenses are difficult to find over here in Aus and no one locally customs cuts lenses as far as a know either so bear that in mind.

So if you had a blank plasma frame what would you do with it?????

Ok so as some may have seen I picked these up recently

DSC5512_copy.jpg

The lenses are pretty well shot they are wearable but they are scratched up enough to annoy me, the rubbers particularly the ear socks need replacing and it will need a tune up eventually but it isn't too bad at the moment.

With all that being said I want to do something with these I already have a complete Gen II Plasma/Emerald on the way so want to do something different with this one. The frame isn't in too bad a shape and given I have the box etc I would probably like to keep it as a plasma finish (which rules this frame out for another project I have in mind)

Genuine lenses are difficult to find over here in Aus and no one locally customs cuts lenses as far as a know either so bear that in mind.

So if you had a blank plasma frame what would you do with it?????
IH clone!

I would be messaging Infinite Hero for some custom cuts. Since you have emerald, I'd be thinking fire, violet, fruby as my top options. Or look for some OEM stuff on your side of the world. Ask Sibolang here on the forum, I think he is in Singapore, he seems to always surface with new OEM stuff on a regular basis.

They are a blank canvas! What would you like to use them for? To me that would determine the lens I'd put in it. The plasma frame is very versatile, I have more of that frame finish than any other. So much variety in what you can do! I'd browse the forum and pick out things I like, then choose one of those. Let us know what you choose!

Thanks for the responses guys......

I was thinking about trying to keep it plasma as I have the box and coin etc and could return it to factory should I ever choose to sell it, The IH clone isn't a bad idea but i'll have to try and find someone to custom cut some violet iridium lenses for me.

If I depart from keeping it Plasma it opens up a lot of choices from Ti02 to a Cerakote version I was considering too but then it won't match the box. it's non serialised though and I don't really plan on selling it so I suppose that doesn't matter a great deal.

Back