• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What would you do?

That's a tough one. What frame/lens combinations are the BM and MM? As far as value, the trade would go in your favor. The XS though is an amazing X-Metal. I probably wouldn't do the trade, but the XS is my favorite X-Metal.

10 replies in and not a single one would jump on that trade - that should tell you something.

@Nortika mentioned
when in reality the X-Squared is not worth no 800.
You may just as well consider that the MM and BM are worth no where near their retail asking price either. The market is already reflecting that. Most of the purchases seem to be coming off of discounts? They must be or people would not be selling them for $300, $325, etc... People are paying closer to $300, or less, for the stock pairs and only a few dollars more for the Prizm.

Right now the 'value trade' is almost even on that 2-for-1 presuming like conditions of both. And while I do feel the X Squared prices have peaked a bit I also feel like the BM and MM have a way to FALL. I might consider the Ferrari editions of the BM and MM just to have them, especially since the X Squared is not my optimal fit, but from a pure value perspective I would have to say "No Thank You" to that trade.

Thanks, everyone! Looks like they'll most likely be staying on my shelf unless the trade gets a lot sweeter. The badmans do fit me really well, but I feel like finding another XS to finish my set in the future is going to be way too hard

If you are serious about even considering that type of trade I've got a proposition for you.

I'll trade you 3...yes THREE crankcases for a single Romeo. :)

Whatcha think?

My point is ....... you should NOT even consider that trade.

In the UK, an XS will go from about £190 up... My Polished XS vr28 was £180 with box and coin.

The XS is a true work of art, a master piece - the MM or BM just arn't.... :)

That's a huge bargain on a polished XS for £180 with box and coin! That's around $265 for you US people. The last complete polished XS I saw went for £330 ($485 approx). The polished Vr28 is a frame and lens combination which is rarely available.

I've seen about three Polished XS go in the last few months, all with reasonable prices. It's just about keeping a constant eye. For eg - my Mars Crater, mint condition, £280! :)

I saw a pair of perfect XX 24k go for £275 about 1 week ago.

I use the saved search facility on the eBay app. Nothing passes it by as long as you check every day! @discostu

Look what just went for £208....@discostu

image.jpg

I've seen about three Polished XS go in the last few months, all with reasonable prices. It's just about keeping a constant eye. For eg - my Mars Crater, mint condition, £280! :)

I saw a pair of perfect XX 24k go for £275 about 1 week ago.

I use the saved search facility on the eBay app. Nothing passes it by as long as you check every day! @discostu
I dont religiously check every day, as I've pretty much done with buying now, and wasn't hinting on XX or Crater prices, but the complete polished XS I've watched, do tend to do very well. I also don't hold much faith in the ebay search algorithms, as they tend to miss many things in my experience. I'll keep my eye out for the next ....

Back