1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Cargo

Cargo JFL lover

Hello all, just trying to find out what I have asked in the title. Also how rare/desirable are early X-metal ruby Juliets?

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. CarGuy

CarGuy Oakley Expert Premium Member Lifetime Member

Anything under 1,000?
    Early ones with serials starting with X and with nice lenses bring about $500 because the tint in the ruby is more reddish purple than the newer ones ("Fruby" or Fire Ruby to collectors) which are mostly more fire than ruby. Conventional wisdom believes this change was driven by higher manufacturing cost of the original "Xmen" ruby.

3. Cargo

Cargo JFL lover

Thanks for all the info. Ill have to check what mine are, they've been used very little for the last few years so I'm not sure the # but I'm pretty sure it starts with X. Ill post some pick this afternoon or tomorrow.

4. CarGuy

CarGuy Oakley Expert Premium Member Lifetime Member

We always enjoy "barn finds" !

5. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

yeah... these early pieces with low numbers are awesome. qtrain23 has the best mars ive seen with a low double-digit serial... my lowest are JBR000120 and JB000455. i also have a couple 4-digits: J008701 juliet and C003722 mars crater and a PV penny as well..always nice to get a low number..!

6. medusa1986

medusa1986 Oakley Enthusiast

I think this is quite low :)

What's considered a low serial # for X-metal ruby Juliets? - DSCN1470_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

7. atty_65

atty_65 Oakley magician Premium Member

i think the rubber gasket need replacing mate...if you dare to touch them...im happy to add this to my collection :)

8. medusa1986

medusa1986 Oakley Enthusiast

Unfortunately i dont have them anymore... Its been sold and since that im still crying for it :cry:

9. atty_65

atty_65 Oakley magician Premium Member

what? just think somewhere out there is a low serial like the 0072....

10. Cargo

Cargo JFL lover

Well I just got home and the serial # is X001708. Ill get some pics up tomorrow.

BriP likes this.