• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Whats in your daily Kitchen Sink??

Bump cap?

Good call on the towel. Don't forget to bring a towel.
508_towelie.gif

Within the last month or so I got both the KS and a Mechanism. Wanted to use one as a work backpack and the other as a "baby" bag.

Had trouble deciding which to use for which. Finally decided on the KS as the work backpack. The clincher? External side zipper access to the laptop storage.

Really I don't carry anything special that hasn't already been listed, probably most similar to Rustpot. But my work backpack is also my travel backpack, so I don't keep anything in there that would cause trouble with airport security if I forgot to take it out, if you know what I mean... ;)

My old work backpack had better internal organization but you put more stuff in there when you travel and then sometimes pick up even more stuff during the trip and there's been times it gets overstuffed. That won't be a problem with the KS.

But I gotta say the Mechanism works pretty dang good, with all the separate compartments making for easier organization and the ease of access on the Velcro-closed ones. But The Wife thinks it's too big; she got a little Eddie Bauer baby backpack to use instead. I ain't toting that around. So for longer trips out I gotta move the crap over, then back. But for shorter trips (like this evening), I just stuff her entire backpack into the Mechanism main compartment, still have some room to spare... :D

I never use mine, but it has my "when the SHTF" gear loaded up. Ideally I would grab my big duffle that has more SHTF type gear, but in a pinch, my kitchen sink has all I need :)

I don't currently have a kitchen sink and I can't remember the name of the Oakley pack I do have. I currently use a 5.11 Rush 24 as my everyday work pack and lots of the gear I have in it has already been mentioned such as

-First Aid Kit (includes OTC pain killers)
-Duct Tape
-Multitool (I currently use my Leatherman Charge TTi the most)
-Flashlight
-Radio

Rustpot's tip on the Duct tape is a good one and something i've done for a long time

DSC_3519.jpg

But a couple of things that I carry haven't been mentioned are (now these are things I carry because once away from my vehicle i'm generally away for the rest of the day so need everything with me)

-Goal Zero Nomad 7 with Guide 10+ (this allows me to keep everything charged either by the solar panel or the guide 10 if sunlight isn't available (also allows me to recharge the AA's that things like my flashlight use too. This was originally just as a backup but found I use this more often than I originally thought I would

DSC_3486.jpg

DSC_3504.jpg

I can even clip it to the outside of my pack to charge things on the move

DSC_3511.jpg

I also carry a 5.11 Sabre 2.0 jacket it can be used to provide a little bit of warmth but also doubles as my rain gear. It also has a few nice features that can be employed quickly to provide access to certain items or even just to allow a bit of ventilation.

1_10308370.jpg

Latest Posts

Back