• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What's next?

Yeti

Frostmonkey
Staff member
Calgary Alberta
A while ago there was a thread talking about what was coming up next in the watch game but it was nuked rather quickly.

Without getting into incriminating specifics does anyone have any idea of what's coming down the pipe?

really eh? Is that info good?

I love my D1 & D2...it'd be nice to update those a bit.

Yeti, I recently picked up a D2. Changed the battery myself.
Seeing it's just 4 screws holding the back panel in, I'm wondering how it's that water resistant.
No unobtanium backing like the other D-series watches.
Wanna fish for your thoughts on this.

Yeti, I recently picked up a D2. Changed the battery myself.
Seeing it's just 4 screws holding the back panel in, I'm wondering how it's that water resistant.
No unobtanium backing like the other D-series watches.
Wanna fish for your thoughts on this.

Funny you mention that...I have to replace the battery in mine too. Finally died after many many years.

Is there a rubber grommet around the back panel? If not I can't see it being waterproof/resistant at all. Mine has been submerged plenty and never had any problems...I'll have to open mine up when I get home and inspect.

Funny you mention that...I have to replace the battery in mine too. Finally died after many many years.

Is there a rubber grommet around the back panel? If not I can't see it being waterproof/resistant at all. Mine has been submerged plenty and never had any problems...I'll have to open mine up when I get home and inspect.

This D2 is the only digital Oakley watch I've got. Compared with listing photos on eBay. Apparently, the D2 is the only digital Oakley watch without a rubber backing (D1 and D3 pics show a rubber back piece covering.). Saw another D2 pic, and it's the same metal plate, with a non-scatter skull image and the usual info on water resistance and such.

This D2 is the only digital Oakley watch I've got. Compared with listing photos on eBay. Apparently, the D2 is the only digital Oakley watch without a rubber backing (D1 and D3 pics show a rubber back piece covering.). Saw another D2 pic, and it's the same metal plate, with a non-scatter skull image and the usual info on water resistance and such.

Oh ok I see what you mean. On the backside of the backplate (the side that will be facing the inside of the watch when screwed on) there should be a thin rubber gasket running around the perimeter. Alternatively, there could be the same thin gasket on the watch itself to seal when the backplate is on.

Again, I've never opened mine up but pretty much every other screw back water resistant watch is like that.

Latest Posts

Back