• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What's On Your Plate???

On Saturday I smoked a pork belly. Picked one up from the local Asian supermarket, they literally had just carved it off some whole pig carcasses behind the counter that'd just come in. So, pretty fresh.

Brined it overnight with the skin sticking out of the brine to air-dry. The white part along some of the edges is the skin's original color where it was submerged in the brine, the darker color on the rest is the result of the air drying...

20161015_123358.jpg

Then poured a salt cap on top...

20161015_123501.jpg

Which turns into a crust that's easy to remove when it's done...

20161015_181118.jpg

20161015_181222.jpg

What the underside looked like...

20161015_183729.jpg

Carved...

20161015_185704.jpg

And we made some pork belly sliders... Delicious!

20161015_190830.jpg

On Saturday I smoked a pork belly. Picked one up from the local Asian supermarket, they literally had just carved it off some whole pig carcasses behind the counter that'd just come in. So, pretty fresh.

Brined it overnight with the skin sticking out of the brine to air-dry. The white part along some of the edges is the skin's original color where it was submerged in the brine, the darker color on the rest is the result of the air drying...

View attachment 286936

Then poured a salt cap on top...

View attachment 286937

Which turns into a crust that's easy to remove when it's done...

View attachment 286938

View attachment 286939

What the underside looked like...

View attachment 286940

Carved...

View attachment 286941

And we made some pork belly sliders... Delicious!

View attachment 286942
Looks awesome!

The Texan Burger

Sounded good, but quite possibly the most uninspiring burger I have ever eaten...no pop, no bite, no flavor, no nothing...

Got it from the deli we have downstairs at work...

IMG_9888.JPG
IMG_9889.JPG

How in the hell do you get a bland burger in Texas???

Sent from Q's Note5
From a dumb deli called Citrus Kitchen that is attached to our main building...

It was like eating unseasoned meat and bread...

I was appalled that I had just eaten the worst burger in the state of Texas for the last 100 years...

Uughghgh - found out why my burger tasted like I was chewing on a sandal...

I guess the whole idea behind Citrus Kitchen is to use natural ingredients and to try to cut out all the bad stuff like GMO's or whatever...

Burger was gross...never again, Citrus Kitchen...

IMG_9898.JPG

Back