• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What's on your Screen?

uploadfromtaptalk1427664053656.jpg

Decided to redo the home screen after the phone received Lollipop this weekend.

uploadfromtaptalk1428256241414.png

What particular new functionality are you anticipating?
The quick access to toggle on/off the wifi and Bluetooth and all that. In the current KitKat 4.4 you have to go to your settings and it takes a few steps to get there. Unless you add a widget on ur home screen that has access to all of those, but I dont wanna do that. A flashlight option (I dont want to install any flashlights from the app store because they want access to a lot if stuff). Those are just a couple of the Ines I'd like because I use them constantly

The quick access to toggle on/off the wifi and Bluetooth and all that. In the current KitKat 4.4 you have to go to your settings and it takes a few steps to get there. Unless you add a widget on ur home screen that has access to all of those, but I dont wanna do that. A flashlight option (I dont want to install any flashlights from the app store because they want access to a lot if stuff). Those are just a couple of the Ines I'd like because I use them constantly

Really... my S5 already had those quick access toggles with KitKat, but Samsung puts a lot of extra stuff on their android releases so it must have been one of their add-ons.

I ask because my S5 got updated to lollipop last week and I haven't really noticed much difference other than some cosmetic stuff. But I haven't really dug into it, either.

Really... my S5 already had those quick access toggles with KitKat, but Samsung puts a lot of extra stuff on their android releases so it must have been one of their add-ons.

I ask because my S5 got updated to lollipop last week and I haven't really noticed much difference other than some cosmetic stuff. But I haven't really dug into it, either.
It seems cosmetic (I'm on a Galaxy Note 4) but I just like having the latest, but I didn't want to get the Nexus 6.

And yes, Samsung puts bloat like none other on their devices. I don't complain because a Note phone is going to have lots of stuff on it.

Back