• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What's the best discount %

In my opinion if you got a discount you are lucky. I know they are a large corporation and the sell a lot of stuff but they do not have to give a discount in order to sell the items they have. Oakley can, for the most part, sell what the want for the price the want to sell it at. It's the basic laws of supply and demand. They figure out what people are willing to pay for an item and can stick to it as long as people are buying it at that price.
When i got the discount on the crosshairs i was suprised because i'd never thought to ask in there before.I worked in a store that had an oakley account previously here in the UK so knew from what the rep had said that there was almost always wriggle room in the price, i just thought it might be an extra microfibre bag or something like that.
Oakley is a corporate company, not a Trader's Village. Most employees won't even discuss it with you because they aren't capable of giving more than a 10% discount for display pairs. Personally I'd be pissed if you came into my store, had me build you a pair then ask for a discount. That's what online retailers and Ebay are for.

If you get 50% off either you did the BOGO deal at the Vault or are getting hooked up with an employee discount.
Firstly, I'm not really sure what a traders village is, but a price on a shelf is legally speaking, the traders target price, what they want to sell it for (or as said above where they think they can sell many and still make a good profit).Absoloutly no reason you can't ask if they are willing to lower it or bundle it up with something, the worst they can say is no!
Secondly, I don't think I said she built them anywhere in my O P as she didn't they had a screen where you chose the frames lenses etc yourself and parts were just on the side.I recieved no assistance from any staff member the whole time i was in there or i would of asked when one approached me before i started.So, sorry if i have offended you batwolf, it wasn't my intention.

When i got the discount on the crosshairs i was suprised because i'd never thought to ask in there before.I worked in a store that had an oakley account previously here in the UK so knew from what the rep had said that there was almost always wriggle room in the price, i just thought it might be an extra microfibre bag or something like that.

Firstly, I'm not really sure what a traders village is, but a price on a shelf is legally speaking, the traders target price, what they want to sell it for (or as said above where they think they can sell many and still make a good profit).Absoloutly no reason you can't ask if they are willing to lower it or bundle it up with something, the worst they can say is no!
Secondly, I don't think I said she built them anywhere in my O P as she didn't they had a screen where you chose the frames lenses etc yourself and parts were just on the side.I recieved no assistance from any staff member the whole time i was in there or i would of asked when one approached me before i started.So, sorry if i have offended you batwolf, it wasn't my intention.

This right here. I attempt to haggle on EVERYTHING. Groceries, clothes...it's amazing the discounts available if you just ask.

:lol:

And I'm not offended, I'm just letting you know what I've heard from local store employees over the years.

Cool, don't want to be the new guy offending people!!

I've never tried to haggle on food shopping, however, electrical goods, white goods, cameras stuff like that i'll always ask. Basically someone in virtually every shop has the ability to give you discount, just depends on if you can get to that person.
So what you're all saying is i did well getting that discount from a regular o store without knowing anyone there. It's nice to know that A)I did well on that purchase and B) i haven't been missing out on all the other one's i have bought over the years.

All Oakley employees share the same discount.
Huh, Well then they are *very* lucky. I have heard many HQ employees are temps or contracted, so not as many "true" Oakley employees eligible for the incredible discounted at the HQ store.

I get about 50% on all my oakley purchases.. But I work at a store with an Oakley account.. Customers, coming into the store; I never give any discount, unless the lenses are scratched. Then I'll do 10-20%.

Latest Posts

Back