• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What's the deal with VR28?

Do the Rust/Vr28 dogs make great all rounder sunnies that you can drive with at sunset yet use during peak sunlight hours? Also does the frame darken up when you wear it?

Rust is also a translucent frame, so direct sun is gonna blow it up around your eyes and let in a lot more light than an opaque frame.

VR28 black iridium or black iridium polarized would be a much better choice for full sun and sunset when the sun will hit you right in the eyes.

I don't have issues with the translucent frames. I actually prefer them, but I guess it all depends on your sensitivity to light. I did have one incident where I got some nasty sunlight while looking to switch lanes from the arms, but it wasn't that big of a deal.

But I agree. If you want a lighter lens, go with the iridium free version. Like I've stated before though, the Vr28 BI and BIP are my top pics. I wish they made more Vr based lenses accesible. I've got them in my Juliet's, Flak's, Gascan's, etc. I also do like the Bronze based lenses as well, but they aren't as cool to look through. Anyways, it's a very unique lens that I will never stop using!

Back