• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
the iridium lens can reflect the sun shine ,like a mirror and it can be produced with any color .the polarized lens is grey usual,but it can't reflect sun light,and the polaroid lens can be coated with mirror film. and the price of iridium lens is higher than polarization.
huh? I am getting a flashback from some newb on facebook telling me "the polarized on walleva is more polarized than Oakley. my optometrist told me so i change all my oakley lens to better walleva." shoot now that I think of it I should offer to buy him walleva lenses for all his used "inferior" oakley optics. Damn! BRB...

Ummm... polarised lenses can use any lens base, doesn't have to be grey. In the Oakley world, polarised lenses are more expensive than iridium, although in fact the majority of their polarised lenses have iridium too - the two aren't exclusive.
I know it ,because oakley plate the iridium film on polarized lens,so the polarization will be higher.but i think we do't need to buy polarized lens with iridium coating.because their function is similar ,and the light transmittance will be lower,not suit to night.

I know it ,because oakley plate the iridium film on polarized lens,so the polarization will be higher.but i think we do't need to buy polarized lens with iridium coating.because their function is similar ,and the light transmittance will be lower,not suit to night.

With all due respect, pretty much everything about that statement is incorrect.

Polarization has nothing to do with base tint; Oakley has all sorts of different neutral and contrast base tints that are polarized. Check out VR28 BIP...
yeah,you are right,but grey polarized lens is norm,because grey lens have a good transmittance without distortion.and other color base lens will reduce effect of polarization.

yeah,you are right,but grey polarized lens is norm,because grey lens have a good transmittance without distortion.and other color base lens will reduce effect of polarization.

Again, with all due respect, pretty much everything about that statement is incorrect.

Latest Posts

Back