• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What's the longest you have waited to get "THE" pair ?

Well, ...

For me it is best to go one at a time, & have loot sitting aside so at the blink of an eye the "Grail" becomes "avail", I can pounce.

So, ...

With that said, most of what I have considered as must-have's, would probably elicit only *snickers* from most others.

Nonetheless, my most recent was a 10th Mountain Division Special Edition Gascan, ... & with perseverance, & with only a minute amount of patience, it took me all of two months to locate the exact edition, & three weeks to nail down a deal, & receive them from Asia.

That was the most time, searching, & diligence I have every put into locating some sunnies, but well worth it.

Right now, ... I have nothing pressing. Saving up for a major life change soon, moving five states away ... Might even sell a couple pair in an attempt to land a few hundred beans "for the cause", though I so, soo, sooo do not want to bail on anything I have. Ugh.

Everything remains to be seen.

Belfry's right about shifting goalposts. As soon as I get the pair, something else takes its place.

When I started with Frogskins, I didn't really have a grail - I bought the colourway I liked most (crystal black/+red) first.

Then I moved onto "New" Frogskins and those did have a grail - the white/blue pair. Damn things were hard to find and the internet wasn't much help back then. I finally tracked some down in a surfwear shop in a small shopping centre that has been abandoned and boarded up for years now - not many more people visited it in its heyday!

Then onto Juliets and polished carbon Ichiros became the pair. Not at first though, so probably only 5-6 months elapsed between wanting one and getting it. The new the pair is in a similar vein...

For me I didn't really love second hand so bought my pairs new...... but struggled to find 4 legged violet and purple irridium . .......waited bout 7 month to find bnib ended up with a couple of pairs ......all while still looking for splatters froggies (moda3 and atmos)
Eventually the atmos presented themselves after 12 month or so but the moda still remains elusive

In between the hunt iv now developed a love for White City froggies and X Squared Carbon just don't wanna drop the funds incase the white unicorn shows up

Back