1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

Is it one O-Matter in a sea of X-Metals? A women's pair in an otherwise testosterone dominated case? A white frame afloat in a sea of Standard Issue matte black?

Which one of your things is not like the others?
    What's the 'Odd Man Out' in your collection? - people.jpg

Do you hide it away, or put it out with all the rest of your stuff? Why do you have it, and what makes you keep it?

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Since my collection is small and functional, my odd man out is my old pair of Rx frames. Its the only pair of non Oakley glasses in my house. I've got a TiO2 XX, Transistor Rx frame, Ballistic M Frame 3.0 for safety glasses, and my wife's pair of Warm Ups.

Then this random "Octo" brand Rx frame I got from Walmart a few years ago... Its the ugly duckling for sure.

3. QLR1

QLR1 DARK SIDE, embraced!

My Split Jacket is my odd man out. It rarely gets worn... I don't really suit them.

I keep it because I am too lazy to part with it. Also, it serves as a reminder that I needed to be more selective about the pieces that I get.

Last edited: 1/19/15
  4. Wicked

Wicked Oakley Expert Premium Member

My entire collection is made of X-Metals but.......I still have my 1st pair of Oakleys which are a Dark/BIP Sq. Wire 2.0 Spring Hinge and YES it is displayed proud.

dragonvoi likes this.
  5. KillerCollector

KillerCollector Oakley Expert Premium Member

Crankcase, Definitely Crankcase.

What's the 'Odd Man Out' in your collection? - Screen Shot 2015-01-19 at 10.09.14 PM.png

6. kronin323

kronin323 Font of Useless Knowledge Premium Member

My two bottle rockets, one BIP and the other shallow blue polar. I wanted a neutral and a contrast for high-risk-to-Oaks activities (i.e. yardwork, beach) and those were the cheapest polarized pairs I could find. But otherwise not really my cup of tea.

ptownphil likes this.
  7. ptownphil

ptownphil Oakley Hoarder Premium Member

My bottlerocket w/VR28 BIP. I have other frames with same lens now so that doesnt get worn much anymore.

kronin323 likes this.
  8. GRFMotorsports

GRFMotorsports is an Oakley whore Premium Member

My whole collection is "odd man out"

dragonvoi and kronin323 like this.
  9. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

If you look at my collection you notice two themes; Big and Functional. Sure, I have a few wires, even an E-Wire that's probably a bit small, but they have surprisingly good coverage for their size.

So among my collection of M Frames in Strike, Heater, and Slash, my Radarlocks in Pitch and XL, my Eyeshades, my Tens, my Crosshairs, there sits a lonely little pair.

Four S.

They are tiny, and very flat. But man the lenses in them are beautiful.
    What's the 'Odd Man Out' in your collection? - 476B485C-D2A0-4D49-88DF-E51B0CD69183_zpsqvjdl85n.jpg

And the coverage doesn't have gaps, so much as chasms
    What's the 'Odd Man Out' in your collection? - A3A6E84B-307D-44B5-89C5-6C9D60935D93_zps1yek2kvs.jpg

10. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

Everything I have is not like anything I wear.......I buy everything I can and wear nothing but 2.....everything but my 2 are the odd ones out.....or is it the other way around?
    I keep them because I'm caaaaraaaaaaaazy :crazypilot:

TheWannaBe likes this.