• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What's the problem?

oakleyandi

Oakley Expert
SoCal
Hey guys, just wanted to know you opinion on some frames that I think they're cool but doesn't seem to get much love...

First: Jury... hey I think that's a sweet frame with good lenses combos and very versatile...
Crosshairs (any) nice aviators with the Oakley touch...
Fives and Fives Squared, small frames but fantastic fitting for smaller faces...
there are more but... let's start with those: what is the problem with those frames?

LOL, by your thread title I thought there was fight about to happen! Hehehehe!

Here's my two cents...

Jury - I like this frame, but I've tried them on and they don't fit me right. That's the only reason I have for not loving these.
Crosshairs (any) - I have a pair of 2.0's and love them, but my attention has focused to other frames right now. Mine are for sale on the boards :redface:. ***shameless self plug***
Fives and Fives squared - These also don't fit me. Nice frames, but useles for my needs. I may eventually get some for my daughters, hehehe.

Here's some others I don't have love for due to fitment or style...

- Gascan - like them, but have fitment issues
- Flak Jacket - like them, but have fitment issues
- Half Jacket 2.0 - like them, but have fitment issues
- C-Six - LOVE THEM, but have money issues :mad:. LOL!!!

Hey Ulua, I was gonna say something about the Gascans, but I just like them a lot to do so... hahahaha...
Hey Q, I think the Sideways are more like Gucci or Prada's, way too feminine IMHO

I actually really like some of the Gascan colorways and series, but it would kill me not to be able to wear them once in awhile. I've tried them on several times (hoping they'd fit me one day, hahaha), but they are just too tight at my temples, don't fully sit right on my nose bridge and would definitely slide off my face if I were to look down. Who knows, I may still pick up a pair of Tron's or Transformer's one day, just to have them.

I wish Fuel Cells had the same designs as the Gascans, I'd be on those guaranteed. A Soviet Fuel Cell would be number one on my list!

I actually really like some of the Gascan colorways and series, but it would kill me not to be able to wear them once in awhile. I've tried them on several times (hoping they'd fit me one day, hahaha), but they are just too tight at my temples, don't fully sit right on my nose bridge and would definitely slide off my face if I were to look down. Who knows, I may still pick up a pair of Tron's or Transformer's one day, just to have them.

I wish Fuel Cells had the same designs as the Gascans, I'd be on those guaranteed. A Soviet Fuel Cell would be number one on my list!

yeah, you're right about the FC's Gascan have more colorways available... and for sure a soviet FC would be a killer... !!!!!! I got the same problem with the Gascan.. fitting problems but I still wear them very carefully.. hahahaha

I think a deal changer for me and the GC's would be if Oakley were to put some unobtanium on the inner stems. But then again, they would still be a little too narrow at my temples. Maybe if I lost some weight in my head.......hmmmmmmmm??? LMAO!

The Jury and Fives are smaller glasses. The current trend is to wear big glasses. Nothing wrong with smaller pairs, but medium to large glasses fit everyone, where the smaller stuff only fits a smaller percentage.

Crosshair 1 had a weird slant to them. I liked them until I tried them on. The shape of the orbitals is just a little funky.

Crosshair 2 are great glasses, but in my opinion there's no edginess to the design and they just fall into the sea of C-, A-, E-wires. Which are all great glasses, but they're just not super Oakley and wires don't really stand out.

New Crosshair has the edge of the first gen, with a revised shape that should make them look better than either previous version.

The Jury and Fives are smaller glasses. The current trend is to wear big glasses. Nothing wrong with smaller pairs, but medium to large glasses fit everyone, where the smaller stuff only fits a smaller percentage.

Crosshair 1 had a weird slant to them. I liked them until I tried them on. The shape of the orbitals is just a little funky.

Crosshair 2 are great glasses, but in my opinion there's no edginess to the design and they just fall into the sea of C-, A-, E-wires. Which are all great glasses, but they're just not super Oakley and wires don't really stand out.

New Crosshair has the edge of the first gen, with a revised shape that should make them look better than either previous version.

I see your point, dude, the only thing I could disagree is that the Jury being an smaller frame, I think that would be a direct fit to medium faces, the orbitals are very close to the FC...

and as for wires, I have some, from the big Warden to the Smaller Crosshair 2 and they feel very nice with the touch of Oakley optics

Back