• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Whats The Rarest Half X??? Are There Any Versions That Were Made Limited Or Lower #?

alcapon1

I should Work at Oakley
West Side
Whats the rarest Half X??? or at least the best one to have? Are there any versions that were made limited or lower #? I notice the plasma ice polar is pretty expensive.

i would say the xmetal frame was nice but the warm grey is the least desireable of the lot. plasma ice pol is the flashiest but i think polished vr28 black is the best of both worlds. durable finish and a great lens

i would say the xmetal frame was nice but the warm grey is the least desireable of the lot. plasma ice pol is the flashiest but i think polished vr28 black is the best of both worlds. durable finish and a great lens

I put together a complete X metals collection that transition range but still represented the X metal colorways on the most significant models, this was a tough decision. I wanted the polish vr26 polar in the X squared but I needed a plasma ice combo somewhere in there to round out significant frame finishes and lenses. So far I am at this stage.

X-metal/ grey Romeo 1- black lens
X-metal/ grey Penny - ruby
X Metal/ grey Leather wrap Mars - Gold
X Metal/grey/plasma TIO2 - black
X Metal/ Romeo 2 Carbon - black
X metal/grey Juliet - Ruby
Polished/ X squared - vr28 polar
Plasma/ half X - Ice Iridium polar

I put together a complete X metals collection that transition range but still represented the X metal colorways on the most significant models, this was a tough decision. I wanted the polish vr26 polar in the X squared but I needed a plasma ice combo somewhere in there to round out significant frame finishes and lenses. So far I am at this stage.

X-metal/ grey Romeo 1- black lens
X-metal/ grey Penny - ruby
X Metal/ grey Leather wrap Mars - Gold
X Metal/grey/plasma TIO2 - black
X Metal/ Romeo 2 Carbon - black
X metal/grey Juliet - Ruby
Polished/ X squared - vr28 polar
Plasma/ half X - Ice Iridium polar

yeah ive done the same:

Xmetal/black irid Romeo
Xmetal/Ti irid Romeo2
Xmetal/Black Juliet gen1
Xmetal/Warm Grey HalfX
Xmetal/Ruby XSq
Xmetal/ Black Mars Crater
Xmetal/Black XX

i only am missing the Xmetal Penny. I have multiple colorways of the penny in Ti and polished though. and like 10 juliets. and a ti02 XX.. and the GaryS Romeo2... err... im sure im missing a few. if you wanna let go of that Xmetal Penny tell me haha. otherwise i might just bead blast my less perfect titanium frame just for the looks.

yeah ive done the same:

Xmetal/black irid Romeo
Xmetal/Ti irid Romeo2
Xmetal/Black Juliet gen1
Xmetal/Warm Grey HalfX
Xmetal/Ruby XSq
Xmetal/ Black Mars Crater
Xmetal/Black XX

i only am missing the Xmetal Penny. I have multiple colorways of the penny in Ti and polished though. and like 10 juliets. and a ti02 XX.. and the GaryS Romeo2... err... im sure im missing a few. if you wanna let go of that Xmetal Penny tell me haha. otherwise i might just bead blast my less perfect titanium frame just for the looks.

Man thats awesome. I would love to see how many people here have a true complete X Metal collection. I figure any pair from all the different models would classify as such, ie Romeo 1-2, Juliet, Penny, XX, mars, X squared, Half X. I am trying to put together a well rounded X collection for my Stretchline Cube. Figured, it would look awesome with them all stuffed in the metal case. I have the complete AS with all the extended list pairs in my double and thought I was done. X Metals are moving to a whole new case to make room for the Holbrooks that I cant stop buying.

The Penny is pretty much on lockdown...lol top center of the case if you know what I mean...

haha dont blame you.. i guess i'll just custom myself one, as much as i' hate to, its stupid money and that one penny needs work anyway.

yeah that was my goal at first- just one of each... then it got outta hand lol. i know S-works had every juliet frame color except polished carbon at one point- including generation differences. but hes sold most of the more common ones now.

im headed into Vintage Zeros now.. Xmetals are (almost) past for me.. haha

I just need a half x to have one of each x-metal. I just can not bring myself to buy one because I really do not like them at all. I need just suck it up and do it but there are too many other things I am more interested in right now.

Latest Posts

Back