• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Eagle Series Oakleys

The Fuel Cell states that it does have exclusive star etching. Also... dunno if anybody noticed if they can see, but the Flak Jackets come with a Soft Vault. Wonder if it's at all customized.

2u6u4e5a.jpg

Initial notes: No inner-arm designs. No literature in the box. The box did have the AFE sticker affixed on the other side (not viewable in the photo) raising the possibility this might be an AFE specific run. The O icon is more of a cerakote Desert color - very similar to the SI Desert Gascan. The bag is a nice muted silvery green / weathered Black two tone.

I didn't post the link before, to anyone who is wondering, because anyone in the military should have been able to figure it out based on what I did say in less than 5 minutes. I've seen enough SI scalping on ebay during the helo kit circus... Which, btw, isn't an accusation to any present company.

Last edited:
That's cool that the icon is different too. Looks great in real photos. Hope it comes to SI. Just to verify, it has the star pattern etching on the lens rather than the Polarized etching?

BTW, the Flak version was on the Bay several days ago on one of the large seller stores (the pic Marc2040 posted a few posts ago is from that listing). Looks like it'll fetch a pretty penny.

Thats really lame cause on the aafes site it says the fuel cells have the star etching. However, they do look very very very nice, gratz on the new piece, can't wait for mine!

Ok, figured it out. Currently on the AAFES site the only Flak option available is the polarized model 03-939. It shows a Polarized lens etching. However, there's a Flak on eBay with the star etching, but it is model 03-938, which must be non-polarized. So it appears the polarized version of the frames has the Polarized etching while the non-polarized has the star. Sign me up for the non-polarized with the awesome star etching for sure.

With that said, it does mean there's a version of the Flak that was available at some point but isn't listed on the AAFES site anymore.

I had to double check after my statement. The polarized flaks and the non polarized fuel cells state they have a star etch. The polarized fuel cell do not state that.

2u6u4e5a.jpg

Initial notes: No inner-arm designs. No literature in the box. The box did have the AFE sticker affixed on the other side (not viewable in the photo) raising the possibility this might be an AFE specific run. The O icon is more of a cerakote Desert color - very similar to the SI Desert Gascan. The bag is a nice muted silvery green / weathered Black two tone.

I didn't post the link before, to anyone who is wondering, because anyone in the military should have been able to figure it out based on what I did say in less than 5 minutes. I've seen enough SI scalping on ebay during the helo kit circus... Which, btw, isn't an accusation to any present company.
You mean the $20 to $40 people are paying for subdued flag bags is not the price of them from the Oakley si site

Latest Posts

Back