• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What's up Oakley junkies

LoneRonin

Oakley Beginner
Mississauga
Some of you really are crazy hooked on this brand, buying full collections and having hundreds of frames. Even with my background I think that's a little crazy.

I'm currently an opticianry student and come from a family of opticians. My parents have a couple stores of their own and we've carried Oakley since 1987...that's a few years longer than I've been around. I'm still not crazy obsessed or anything so that's why I'm amazed when I see some of the stuff here.

I've got 7 frames, a watch, a suitcase set, bags and tons of apparel, everything is worn/used. I'm not much of a collector or someone who will keep a frame brand new in the box. I also get a hefty discount, even so I don't really splurge, more reason for me to be taken aback when I see the $$ you guys are spending at full retail or just 10-20% discounts.

Anyways, just wanted to say hi, I will be snooping around and popping in on threads now that I'm here. I came specifically looking for a Nicky Hayden Holbrook if anyone has one they'd like to get rid of give me a shout...maybe we can even work out a trade.

PS.

Buy from you local optical stores when you can, now I'm not talking SGH or LC, stores that are owned by the parent company Luxottica. Your privately owned business down the road that has an Oakley account has many more expectations to meet in order to keep the brand, I'm sure they'll appreciate your business A LOT more and be able to educate better on the product.

A lot of these employees at commercial chains know next to nothing when it actually comes to optics or proper fittings and adjustments. Even LC has now made it common to only have 1-2 opticians and a handful of 'stylists' without any formal training. They can pay them a lot less so why not?

Some of you really are crazy hooked on this brand, buying full collections and having hundreds of frames. Even with my background I think that's a little crazy.

I'm currently an opticianry student and come from a family of opticians. My parents have a couple stores of their own and we've carried Oakley since 1987...that's a few years longer than I've been around. I'm still not crazy obsessed or anything so that's why I'm amazed when I see some of the stuff here.

I've got 7 frames, a watch, a suitcase set, bags and tons of apparel, everything is worn/used. I'm not much of a collector or someone who will keep a frame brand new in the box. I also get a hefty discount, even so I don't really splurge, more reason for me to be taken aback when I see the $$ you guys are spending at full retail or just 10-20% discounts.

Anyways, just wanted to say hi, I will be snooping around and popping in on threads now that I'm here. I came specifically looking for a Nicky Hayden Holbrook if anyone has one they'd like to get rid of give me a shout...maybe we can even work out a trade.

PS.

Buy from you local optical stores when you can, now I'm not talking SGH or LC, stores that are owned by the parent company Luxottica. Your privately owned business down the road that has an Oakley account has many more expectations to meet in order to keep the brand, I'm sure they'll appreciate your business A LOT more and be able to educate better on the product.

A lot of these employees at commercial chains know next to nothing when it actually comes to optics or proper fittings and adjustments. Even LC has now made it common to only have 1-2 opticians and a handful of 'stylists' without any formal training. They can pay them a lot less so why not?
Welcome to the forum. :)

Nice first post. You know how it is with those huge companies. Cut costs as much as possible to increase their bottom line.

Welcome to our crazy obsession! Oakley stores have there own optician in stores now for regular glasses, I had my prescription lenses for my sunglasses from Oakley for 17 years now, and they are still amazing

Or waaayyyy above what a pair cost originally at retail in some cases!

Welcome to the forum - as others have said, a nicely crafted introduction always makes a good first impression.

Back