• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What's Your Favorite Iridium?

Vr28 black, then ice, then a tie between emerald, chrome, 24k, jade, ruby and gold

No love for fire from me (not the new one anyway). Hate looking thru them. Old versions werent as green and were more acceptable, new ones warp colors too much

That's a hard one - Initially BIP and Fire pol with Ice pol right behind it, but lately been digging +Red pol, oo Red pol, Violet pol, VR28 BIP...

You might notice a trend, though - regardless of color I gotta have polarized, except maybe for rainy day pairs...

I gotta go with the classic Black Iridium for every occasion. But my next favorite gotta be the Ruby. It always gets a second look.

For function, Ice and Black every time. But nothing looks as frosty as a new pair of 24k lenses!

I can never go out without at least two pairs, one neutral and one contrast, to acommodate changing light conditions due to time of day and / or weather. Hence the original neutral BIP & contrast Fire pol.

Also, I'm a UT fan (that's University of Texas, not Tennessee) and my old Fire pols go great with burnt orange clothing & accessories...(Hey, I'm in Austin, home of UT, burnt orange is all over the place..)

EDIT:
Just checked what I have with me today - been rocking BI Craters so far but also have BIP Juliets in my bag and Ice pol & Violet pol Juliets in my truck (no, I'm not gonna tell you where I'm parked...)

3 to 1 neutral vs. contrast (the Violets are contrast) - hmmm, I need to do a better job planning...

Last edited:
Back